Stupid hipster...

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was at my pickup bank, some loud hipsters (read: broke but snobby and opinionated, with beard and piercings) were next to me at the counter. They come out with my pickup (halves and dimes) and Mr. Hipster said, very loudly because he wanted everyone to hear how cool he was, "I KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING! GOOD HUNTING! MERCURY DIMES ARE 90% SILVER! YOU CAN MAKE A LOT OF MONEY DOING THAT!" Ms. Hipster said "I'm sure he doesn't want you saying all that." Dryly and sarcastically, I said "No, keep going!"

And because Mr. Hipster was too self absorbed to read my restrained displeasure, he complied. Loudly, because he wanted to make sure other people knew that he had more knowledge to share.

So I left really quickly.

I called the branch back a little later to smooth things over "I'm sorry I left without saying thank you, that guy was really obnoxious and I didn't like what he was saying, I don't want to get robbed, I appreciate what you do, I'm definitely not getting rich out of this." And of course, since my bank is cool and very awesome, they're like "Yeah, they kept talking for 10 minutes after you left, I understand you don't want people talking about your hobby, safety, etc." so we're good.

But thanks, Mr. Hipster. Ya jackass.

For reference.

hipster.jpg

Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol what a douche

The good thing about hipsters is they're predictable purchasers on ebay :laughing7:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In fact if I saw that Swan shirt at goodwill I would buy it and list it

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Hey buddy - I'm minding my own business, why don't you try to do the same."

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go 50cent on his @$$ and throw a roll at him and knock him out

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shoulda threw him a roll of nickels and told him to go buy a personality...superdouche...ddf

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Goodness, I really dislike those kinda people. Newest tip of the day if someone does know this one. If you have access to a coinstar at your work, like I do and people get rejection coins, ask to switch them out for regular change that might go through. I usually ask them if they have any canadian or american that didn't go through. Most of the time people will switch out, especially the canadian coins. and for those in the know, pre 1967 canadian quarters and dimes are 80% silver. Not much but I found normally people can't stand canadian money via pop machines and such. I have found more than one canadian coinage silvers that way.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Should of just kicked his azz up and down the street,bring me next time,I;ve been in the mood:laughing7:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really tempting to say something back to those dirtbags & put them in there place, but I have found that I'm better off just ignoring them (though it takes a lot of restraint sometimes). Words of wisdom...

Never get in a fight with someone who has nothing to lose.

Yes, if it came down to it, you could probably kick his ass, but YOU might end up in jail, or on the wrong end of a lawsuit, etc.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I too have ran into a few of the "HEY, YOU'RE LOOKIN FOR SILVER AREN'T YOU!" people in line, I can't stand them, I try to ignore them, if it persists, I just tell them I'm a vendor or use them to fill my coin pusher machines with. HH, Maverick.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I cant stand nosey S.O.B.s in the first place.No patience at all when it comes to them.

GreenHat

Mar 3, 2014
Martinsburg, WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should of just kicked his azz up and down the street,bring me next time,I;ve been in the mood:laughing7:

See Red.. if you were a cop you could whoop em without repercussion. But then you wouldn't have anything to write about. HA.. Just bustin your chops! :occasion14:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
See Red.. if you were a cop you could whoop em without repercussion. But then you wouldn't have anything to write about. HA.. Just bustin your chops!

I know you are buddy lol.Still can,no witnesses no crime.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread