MRS GOLD

Greenie
Jun 6, 2018
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you folks do with the rings that you find? Have them appraised / authenticated to sell if they're nice? Sell as scrap? Give away to friends or family? Keep and display?

Just curious.
Keep and display/give some away
Years ago set my husband up with three clear plastic containers that have seven drawers each. Drawers for rings, drawers necklaces, drawers for watches, knives, sunglasses And a drawer for interesting junk.( Just to show folks the interesting stuff we find} the ring drawers have foam in them with a slit cut for each ring. Have so many rings and stuff now, I need to buy new containers. Oh,and a drawer just for foreign coins

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

toddbbq

Apr 13, 2014
Lutz FL
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT-8000, Equinox 800 2x, T-Rex scoop, AT Pro and Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First I try and return by watching craigslist lost and found and a website called lostandfound.com, then I see if my spouse likes it ,if so then spouse keeps, next assess value if of any value decide whether to hold for scrap or Fleabay figuring in fees. That is how I do it with my stuff.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I put them in a ring box and look at them. I work way too hard at finding them, to sell them for melt value. Of course, I only find small silver rings, so not much value in dollars, but lot's of value in bragging rights!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mine are in a box in the MD cabinet. If any family member wants one to wear. I don't think about it alot.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gave my daughter a few and kept the rest. I haven't found that many because I mainly look for relics.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I throw mine all into a treasure chest!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Display cases.

Lately I've been giving a lot of my jewelry, coins and relics to people that really love them. I believe its better for someone to enjoy the object than me to just squirrel it away!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So far, I have returned one, given several away, put some in a lost-and-found at the park HQ where they turned up, and a bunch I have hanging from the hooks of a large muskie lure in my bedroom as an ornament.

And one I wear daily because my original band no longer fits over the knuckle I broke and I had the forethought to remove the ring after I heard and felt the "crunch".

Lula - I'm sure he still loves you (if he's still alive), or hopefully they're in a better place and the ring goes on.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions