bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dime = $250
Quarters = $500

Dollars... Probably $500 or $1000, not sure though.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Are there different size boxes for halves? I have always recieved $500 boxes, but the other day at a different bank I asked about oredering some... the lady said yes they could do it, but I have to take the whole $1000 box? ???

DandyDon

Sep 22, 2005
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All

Our Huntington Bank here will sell you 500 or 1000 dollar boxes. If you have an account they will even do one better and order you a 500.00 box and sell you a half order or 250.00 if you like.

Great bunch of people to work with -

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Not positive, but Im guessing that $500 is the biggest box size for half dollars. My bank
told me that they "must" order $1000 at a time, but we worked out a deal that I get 1 box,
and get the other later that day or another day.

Anyways, I think they would be too heavy . I dont think the bank ladys could lift / carry anything larger. Ive
heard of 1000.00 bags of loose halves though.

Jeffro..Making you order and take $1000 at once is probably just the guideline. If they know you'll be back a
day or so later for the other box, I dont see what that would harm. As long as they were gone before
the next order day. But, I guess they can make any rules they wish :) Good luck !

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Turns out the lady was mistaken... they ordered in two boxes, I took them both. Haven't seen a 1000 dollar box yet, but maybe they're out there?

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dollars typically come in $1000 boxes (40 rolls of $25) Not that I am tempted to order 1000 SBA and SAC dollars. I found that out a couple of weeks ago when buying half dollars and they used a Dollar box for carrying purposes.

I had my credit union person say she thought they had to order halves $1000 at a time, I will be confirming this in a week or two when I finally order a box (or two) through them. They also said I needed to buy whatever the order was because they didn't have space to store the boxes and nobody ever asks for halves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread