Successful Last Weekend (Pic Heavy)

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone! So I figured I'd save this to post mid week, it seems like we get a bit of a lull on wednesday or thursday, so I saved my weekend post for now so y'all have something new to look at. This was my second weekend out, and it was great! Here's the breakdown:

Saturday I went out on my bike. I wasn't intending to go yardsaling, the post office near me was closed so I had to bike a ways to the next closest one. I had to bike through some not so great neighborhoods, (which I'm very used to, this is Baltimore) and on the way back I run across a yard sale! And, it held up to the two standards that made it perfect for re-sellers: It was completely unadvertised, and in a not so great neighborhood. I've discovered that if a sale, thrift or yardsale, has one of these characteristics then it is probably going to be good. Turns out, I was right! I stopped by and grabbed the following:

DSC_1095.JPG DSC_1107.JPG DSC_1089 2.JPG DSC_1104.JPG DSC_1105.jpg

A new in box Thule Bike rack, $10

A classic Craftsman Steel tool box, full of tools (including a couple Snap-On screwdrivers, $$$!) for $5

A pair of Air Jordan III Stealths, excellent condition ($75 on a bad day, NIB I could sell them for $200+) for $2

Brand new pair of timberland trail hiking shoes, $2

2 vintage closed handle pyrex measuring cups, 1 and 2 cup (apparently they are fairly sought after! 2 Vintage Pyrex Liquid Measuring Cups 1 2 Cup Closed Handle Red 508 516 | eBay Mine are in much better shape) total 75 cents

a Huge wool blanket for myself (my house is freezing cold in the winter) for $1

Needless to say, I had a hard time getting all of that home on my bike, but I made it!

Then, on sunday, I went back to the place I went last weekend and picked up the following, for a total of $30:

DSC_1089.JPG DSC_1090.JPG DSC_1091.JPG DSC_1092.JPG DSC_1093.JPG DSC_1094.JPG DSC_1097.JPG DSC_1098.jpg DSC_1099.JPG DSC_1100.JPG DSC_1101.JPG DSC_1106.JPG DSC_1108.JPG DSC_1109.JPG DSC_1110.JPG

Vintage Schlitz pitcher and 6 matching pabst glasses (love the breweriana!)

2 Vintage Baltimore Colts 1970 Champs glasses (VERY desireable, especially in Baltimore, read about it here if you're interested Baltimore Colts relocation to Indianapolis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Random J&B Scotch decanter (why not?)

A super cool Commemorative Masonic Plate from 1959, looks like it has a piece of Jade inlay!

Awesome travel size Garod AM radio, works great!

Old Zenith WaveMagnet Suitcase Radio from the 40's-50's I think, Isn't much to look at but it works like a charm! The guts are probably great for a restorer, who knows.

An old Bulova Clock radio, probably 60's also works great!

a gold, silver, and diamond test kit

a WWII Good Conduct Medal, unengraved

An old GE wrench for replacing Radio tubes

A lone 8-ball (for the fun of it, who doesn't want to own an 8-ball?)

Aladdin Platinum Edition DVD

7 Rigid Pipe Wrenches

Assorted Lesneys and Tootsietoys

3 Pyrex Amish Butterprint Fridge dishes w/ lids

Chromat-o-scope with box (no idea what it's for, but too cool to pass up)

(Not pictured is a box of buttons, more pins, an 8x8 Pyrex baking pan, a measuring tape, a 1937 english penny, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting)

Overall it was another great weekend, thanks for looking!

lookin-for-treasure

Jun 30, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Finds Baltimore, thanks for sharing your finds. I really enjoy seeing what people are finding. I tell you I'm totally addicted to this. It's a sickness.....lol.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! We must of been separated at birth - I all ways bring that kind of stuff home ! NICE !

OP
OP
B

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! We must of been separated at birth - I all ways bring that kind of stuff home ! NICE !

Yep, I always go for the cool old stuff. I'll probably end up selling most of it, but I have a nasty habit of buying mostly things that I would gladly keep for myself. I need to get better at identifying valuable things that I dont care about, It'll make it easier to part with them.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, I always go for the cool old stuff. I'll probably end up selling most of it, but I have a nasty habit of buying mostly things that I would gladly keep for myself. I need to get better at identifying valuable things that I dont care about, It'll make it easier to part with them.

Amen...
LOL, you and me both!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The viewer is for viewing slides. The refrigerator dishes are cool. I use mine, same pattern. I didn't realize the pyrex measuring cups are getting that much nowadays. I pass them up every single weekend because I have evry size in my cabinet already.
My favorite is the Masonic lodge wall plate.
Centre_Lodge_No108_Annv_Plate
That lodge merged with Amicable lodge on Nov.6, 2002 so it is no more. Someone tried selling one on ebay recently-
Israeli Masonic Memorabilia Centre Lodge 108 A F A M Wall Plate | eBay
Didn't sell though, they were asking too much.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! I am curious about the Pyrex measuring cups though. I have a few, also.
How do you know they are vintage or not, or do they date them on the bottom, or.....? Thanks.

OP
OP
B

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! I am curious about the Pyrex measuring cups though. I have a few, also.
How do you know they are vintage or not, or do they date them on the bottom, or.....? Thanks.

Just look for the closed handle ones. Also, the look for the outlined text (see the opposite sides of the ones in my photos).

OP
OP
B

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're definitely not huge money, individually I could probably get $8-$10 each, but having more than one in different sizes is a big plus.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread