Suggestions for modifying the headset of Excal 2

runningafever

Oct 26, 2013
In the sea / Fl West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any suggestion on modifications to the headset of the Excal 2? I don't like the bulky headset and not much on the bright yellow color either. Need something that will function well underwater. I read a post about someone who modded a set ear buds that could be worn comfortable under a hood.

I wasn't able to locate that thread.

How about suggestions on who to go to for mods of this nature.

Upvote 0

prosub

Jan 12, 2013
up state ny
Detector(s) used
X-Call2,AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OBN .. made a ear bud for me a couple years ago for my excel. My finds that year were over the top. I tuck it in my hood next to my ear and never have to mess with ,the head phones were floating off or the cord would get hung on something. Send him a PM Joe will set you.....SCOTT

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Scoot, Hope your well...

RF
Is your machine still under warranty? I am working, slowly, on away to switch out head phones between detectors. That way you could run a set of Gray Ghost Amphibians on the CTX, Excalibur or change them out for a single ear phone like pictured.

DSC_9215 (3).jpg

Also a coil connector by next spring so we can change out coils...

OP
OP
runningafever

runningafever

Oct 26, 2013
In the sea / Fl West Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No warranty, I bought it slightly used. I really like the look of the single earphone, it looks like it would be very comfortable under the hood. Is there anyway to split the signal somehow on those and be able to wear one on each ear? With a single I would be concerned as my hearing isn't the greatest, add surf, regulator discharge etc. I may have a hard time. Any feedback on the singles and noise?

PM sent

prosub

Jan 12, 2013
up state ny
Detector(s) used
X-Call2,AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another shout out to OBN he made water proff head phones for my AT PRO high tones in one ear and low in other. They work great. The AT is my back up for water I use it more for relic hunting

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
RF
Is there anyway to split the signal somehow on those and be able to wear one on each ear?

Anything can be done but the only problem is will it work. I'm just afraid it would be more clumsy then anything. I know about the noise issues and timing when diving but Maybe with some work I can come up with a single that would be extra loud....I need to order some parts this week to do some experiments...let me get back to you in Jan...Thanks Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread