Suggestions for Pinpointers

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a whites bullseye pinpointer 2. Its a nice little machine. I wouldn't use it to probe the ground with but after the hole has been dug it works really well. The sensitivity is ajustable with is a great feature along with an audiable alarm and a vibrate.

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
let's see...I have owned and broken (in my first year detecting, and in order)

Whites Bullseye 2 (switch died)
Automax V2 (probe shaft broken, son stepped on it...but the thing is WAY too big)
Whites 120mm Bullseye (again switch died)
Sherlock pinpointer (switch died..see a pattern?)
replaced switch on the first Bullseye AND the Sherlock with small toggle switches...on the Bullseye, I wore through the plastic probe end and a coil winding broke..caput...the Sherlock just DIED (probably got wet)

Now I own a Vibraprobe 560 and the thing is a TANK and is waterproof completely and has a auto-on/off cycle and pulses faster according to it's proximity to the target. My ONLY complaint with the Vibraprobe is it only gets about 2" on a dime...not a big deal if you pinpoint well to begin with.

Dan

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Merlin SXL Pro (can't remember if I got it from Dixie Metal Detectors (TN) or Upstate Detectors (NY). I wrap it in a zip-loc baggie and tape the probe to keep dust and dirt out. It has a sensitivity setting and a beep & light signal. Three years and going strong (and makes a great stud finder, too).

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a Falcon MD 20 used for spotting the gols I couldn't see very well. Figured I'd try it for pinpointing! Works good, and sensitive as (you know). I Met the owner of the company at a gold show, and he sent me a manual free of charge, and told me that they had made an upgrade, and if I sent it to them they'd do the upgrade free of charge. I told him I bought it secondhand and figured the warranty was up. He said it didn't matter to him. They did the upgrade and it is even more stable. Can't beat that for customer service and standing behind what they sell.

Oh, I regularly snoop flour gold in black sands with no effort.

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
Depending on the model you have , you can get a Sunray inline probe for many detectors. These are the best there is. If you want a handheld unit , the Vibrprobe560 is the one to get. No switches to break , waterproof not too big and works like a charm. let me know if I can help you in any other way. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions