suggestions on building the float system?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I don't know the answer but I'll bet there is a fancy formula to figure it out. Have you considered good old inner tubes? It was good enough for Keene...

Bill_saf

Jul 3, 2014
w/c Illinois
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PVC pipe is to heavy en caps are to fragile hit a rock good an crack one your sluice will sink slow. the cheapest way would be like Reed runs his 5 gal brum's from a car wash some EMT, uni-srut with clamps and some bungi cords. (KISS)

here is one of Reed's vid from U TUBE on a pump float

SHoward

Mar 14, 2014
Dadeville, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had taken pics but today I was in Sam's club and they had Kids kayaks, 5' long maybe 24" wide. At 60 bucks each well worth considering.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well appreciate the thought guys

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to dry cleaners,motels or sold at the dump for a couple of bucks. These 15-25 gallon barrels are perfect and building a rack is ez to do. John

Attachments

• 100_0371.jpg
    100_0371.jpg
    999.3 KB · Views: 104

MadJack_ME

Apr 11, 2013
Maine, mostly
Detector(s) used
Original Gold Bug, Dahlke Dredges, LeTrap Sluice for clean-up
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice photo John!

44, just hit the TSC and look for a front tractor tube, like 4" x 18" or 20". Cheap enough and easy to patch.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey hoser and mad jack thanks for the suggestions

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PVC pipe is to heavy en caps are to fragile hit a rock good an crack one your sluice will sink slow. the cheapest way would be like Reed runs his 5 gal brum's from a car wash some EMT, uni-srut with clamps and some bungi cords. (KISS)

here is one of Reed's vid from U TUBE on a pump float

It seems like this would be the way to go. That way, if you needed to balance it at all, you could simply add water as ballast to any that need to sink a bit.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread