Suh-Weet Coin Counter!

wallyblackburn

May 11, 2007
A bank I had never heard of is opening branches around here - Cooper State Bank (aka CS Bank). Well, the two I checked out have FREE coin counters. And these are nice! You just dump your coins in this rectangular "bowl" and it has a little belt at the bottom like a mini grocery store belt. It pulls them in and counts them with no further action on your part. They're fast, don't jam, and seem to be pretty resistant to rejects. I saw a pretty beat-up half in the bowl and let it go on through - it did not reject it. We're talking one of those ones that looks like somebody put it in a punch press or something.

Of course, I am assuming the count is correct. I'll take a known amount in and verify next time. The name on the front is CoinZone. I love 'em!

HH,
Wally

Upvote 0

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
CS Bank is great. I go there regularly, and they're open 7 days a week! Best bank in town, as far as CRHing goes. There's a new one being built, too, and it's supposed to be open by the end of the year. Glad you found it!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Yea I had a sweet dump bank outlet too till- I found my own marked coins. Not hypocritical but I have switched to a dump where the armoured service rolls halves instead of dumping on the fed. I am wondering how long I will have to wade through $hit before I get some good boxes again. Just a thought, HH Mark

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Funny you should mention that, mark. Today I sorted a bunch of pennies and I started thinking, "hmm...the corrosion on this Zincoln looks really familiar, like the one I saw last week, and there aren't any pre-82's, and this green penny I remember, and this one has a hole in it just like one from last week's haul...." Yep. I got my own rejects. That just means I need to hunt more. :)

Of course, I am assuming the count is correct.
I twice verified the count at CS Bank, and it was accurate each time. You should be good, but let me know if you verify it yourself and find a discrepancy.

fwiw, the National City Banks' coin counters occasionally miscounted (both in my favor and against my favor) about 10 months ago. I think they had them fixed, cause I haven't had any problems in a while.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Yea guess its called poor planning. Gotta learn the rules before you play too hard haha. I know I've put 50K through that source- I went to my aunts bank the other day - different rolls, not FED and not Brinks, and every one had a 40% in it. Auntie gonna have to order a couple boxes for ME a test. Might have a new supply line- or not haha. HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread