Summary of First Finds Including Civil War Stuff! (A Little Late at Posting)

springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So,I realize that this is supposed to be a "Today's Finds" topic but some of these were found much earlier but,the truth is,I found some of these things today. Notably,the lead balls. But,I was a little late at posting my other finds from days back so,I decided to put them all together in one. Also,I kinda need some help identifying a few of these. I would post it to the "What Is It?" topic but,if anyone has any idea,it would save me a lot of trouble from creating an entirely new thread. But,anyway,these past few days,I found a bunch of these lead balls. I'm not really sure what they are but they're different sizes. I was thinking they might be muzzle loader balls but,some of them seem too small to be that. Also pictured are a bunch of different sized post Civil bullets I found. I also found a Civil War Union Infantryman's Button and I think a Minie Ball which is unfortunately in bad shape,which practically broke my heart. :( Big bullets,aren't they? This one weighed about 27.5g. I also found a top off of I think a button with a horseshoe on it. No writing on it so,I can't identify it and I can't pull up anything on it. :/ Besides that,2 other buttons,one with a hole in the center and the other with a design on the back (I think it's brass). Unfortunately,that one is too corroded that I can't clean it to see the design on the back. I also found 2 lead cartridges,I think. It looks like they have a center fire on both sides though. I'm not sure what they are either. Also pictured is a sterling silver slide belt buckle and I think maybe a silver silverware handle. I also found a bunch of shotgun shell heads,mostly Peters,Remington,and U.S. I would have put them all there but,there were too many for the picture. Anyway,if you guys have any idea what the lead balls,cartridges,or button(s) are,I would greatly appreciate any help. But,yeah,that's pretty much it until next time. :P DSCF4312.JPG

Upvote 3

cwhunter_1

Feb 2, 2009
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab se pro, white oldy, tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bullets. You have a variety of round balls there. They appear to be from buck to 58 or 69 caliber. The large bullet next to the button looks like a 69. The two bullets with reeding in the ring appear to be modern. Can you Mic. them for us ( width & length) that will help I"D them.

OP
OP
springsnrings

springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks,guys. @cwhunter 1: Thanks for the info. :) I was pretty sure they were all pretty much modern,they were only found at about maybe 2-4 in. or so. I don't really have a caliper to measure them with but,I guess I could try to use a ruler/tape to measure to the nearest point of an inch or something if you want. By the way,nice to meet someone from TN as well. Good luck hunting. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread