Summer Trip Out West

saguaro88

Apr 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab American Goldstriker and BH Tracker IV
Hello,

My family and I are planning a trip out west this summer and was wondering if it would be a good idea to become GPAA members in order to prospect (panning and detecting) on claims listed in the mining guide. I was a member years ago when I lived in the southwest. Is this the best and easiest way of finding areas to legally prospect on? Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
May not be the best, but it certainly is easy. GPAA is a decent organization and they have a lot of claims. If you're gonna be in California, its worth the money. If you're around the Happy Camp area, look into the New 49ers and Dave McCracken.

Oh, BTW- "the best" would be an old timer taking you too a never hit property and saying "Dig here"... :D

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPAA-then your not stuck in 1 lousy area,freedom to travel and explore for the family(kids?) vacation most important-Klamath is the filthiest river in the state!Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
GPAA is always a great idea! Might want to check when the outtings are going to be and hit at least one of those during your trip too! Sooooo much fun and you get to learn lots too! Of course getting to take home gold is a big plus as well! lol If you get out to the Oregon area make sure and let us know when so we can say hi!

OP
OP
S

saguaro88

Apr 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab American Goldstriker and BH Tracker IV
Thanks for the help. I will definitely look into LDMA before I make my decision. If I remember correctly from years ago LDMA membership was a lot more. I'll take a look at both. Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions