Jan 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well judging by the title you put v3i I can well give an opinion. I used the dx-1 sunray on my v3i & have also used the garret & minelabe pinpointers, the sunray in combination with the v3i just its crazy all the screens,on the v,& info u get you will get through the sunray which makes it a 1" unstoppable probe/detectors, I remember 1 time I was relic hunting around a foundation found a hole at 1 end used my regular probe had a couple hits ok so theres metal in a couple spots, so I then turned the switch on for the sunray swung it around in there found basiscally 1 was a small button the other a beer cap don't know how it got there but regardless with the sunray I was able to identify what they were, & could also after that hit pinpoint on the detector now I already know which one I want & ill get the depth reading & anything I wanted to know, then just beeps,
Down fall it is adding weight to the detector,
I think both, both are a must grab a pinpointer & grab a sunray its an added benefit to ur detecting

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have and use the Garret Pro Pointer, Tesoro Treasuremate and the DX-1 Sunray. The Sunray outperforms them all for depth and pinpoints and discriminates as well depending on how the detector is set. The downside is that if you have multiple detectors, you need a matching Sunray (if available) for each, but you won't forget it as it's attached.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions