sun ray x1 probe

denny3

Feb 2, 2013
virginia beach va
Detector(s) used
ETRAC, excal II 1000 ,ctx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Im new to this Ive been looking at hundreds of posts and thinking of getting a Etrac......Big Boys Hobbies have a package with the Sun Ray x1 pointer and another one with the Garrett pin pointer. My question .........is it better to get the hard wired Sun Ray or go with the Garrett? is the cord on the Sun Ray going to get in the way or is the Garrett more user friendly. Thanks in advance for any replies

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the sun ray on my safari and I love it

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the X1 on my E-Trac and I would hate to have to hunt without it. You get to hear the responses through your headphones, it's a the same responses you would get from your coil, it's plenty sensitive, you get pinpoint mode, and same discrimination. It's exactly like using your regular coil except that you can be MUCH more accurate and you can put it into the holes.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Sunray is a nice unit. The only drawbacks I see is the added weight and it will snag bushes a bit more. Neither would stop me from getting one. Nothing wrong with the Garrett either. It's just going to be a stand alone unit rather than one built in.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more thoughts on the X1.... you can't forget it as long as you have your detector. You can't lose it while detecting, and the batteries will never die (because it doesn't use batteries).

While it's not much weight, I mounted mine on the battery housing area so that part of the weight is behind the fulcrum of your hand while detecting.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with jason, I have mine mounted in the same spot don't even notice it.

Kyboy

Dec 27, 2009
Hardin county KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Minelab Explorer II
Garret GTAX 550
I have an X-1 on my Exp 2....IMO its the best accessory you can get for any unit. The ability to hear the target by ID in a hole saves so much time. Multi items in the hole and you only recover the good stuff. The weight added is made up by the fast recovery of the target. Get one and you'll never regret it.

OP
OP
D

denny3

Feb 2, 2013
virginia beach va
Detector(s) used
ETRAC, excal II 1000 ,ctx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys for the replies ill be getting the sunray probe with my ertac I haven't heard anything bad about it so its a done deal.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys for the replies ill be getting the sunray probe with my ertac I haven't heard anything bad about it so its a done deal.

Holler if you have questions or want to purchase it. Love to help you! Bart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread