• Image022.jpg
    Image022.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 829

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Wow, that's quite the carving. On my first glance I didn't get a "sun symbol" out of it although I can see why you said that. I see it more as a stylized facial pic. A worshipped God? A reknown Medicine Man? Tribal Chieftan? The face (nose, lips etc) defiantely look some sort of Native-ish, but I see the "rays" as more of a head dress type thing. That make sense?

There's others here more qualifiyed than me to examine your pic tho, hopefully they'll chime in here....

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
What an awesome sun sign !
I am aware where Spanish fork is.
this is a classic sign .
if by itself means a (considered rich) mine is in the area within a day's journey.

Thom

OP
OP
R

rjwmam

Jul 4, 2008
Salt Lake City
Thank you for the reply's so far. In talking more with my brother, he says that it seemed to point towards the Spanish Fork Canyon area and maybe over towards the Mt. Nebo Area over by Payson which if by foot might be a days trip if you were to follow the extensive and rocky terrain. There are other sites on the net that talk about mines and caves in the Mt. Nebo area. I will have to see if I can relocate the website I was on and post the link here for everyone to read.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
This looks to be a fun hunt.
Could take a little time but it could also be a prosperous one as well

Good luck to you and your brother.
Thom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread