Sundance Kid and Etta Place

Nov 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
sundance-kid-with-etta-place-362x550.jpg

I've seen a couple more undocumented photos taken down in South America but can't locate them.

caljsiol_sio1ca175_123_074-bell.jpg
Photo Dated Wrong July 1901

Undocumented Photo of "Hole In The Wall Gang"
That's Sundance 3rd from the Left, and Cassidy fourth from the left in the derby and bartending garb.
Everyone knows that carrying your six shooters is an essential tool in "Oyster Farming" :laughing7:
I wonder if the photographer knew how close he was to ending up buried in one of those oyster beds. Kid Curry on the end looks like he is about to go for his revolver.:laughing9:

Since the photographer most likely did not know who's picture he was taking, I'm claiming this one as mine. I'm calling it
"The Preparation"

Interesting thing about the photo it looks like the gang droped there tools and got as far away from the camera as possible for the taking of the picture, as if the photographer set up the camera and everybody just walked to the back of the oyster pens and said go ahead take the picture.

The bowler, not the cowboy hat or sombrero, was the most popular hat in the American West, prompting Lucius Beebe to call it "the hat that won the West".[SUP][9][/SUP] Both cowboys and railroad workers preferred the hat because it would not blow off easily in strong wind while riding a horse, or when sticking one's head out the window of a speeding train. It was worn by both lawmen and outlaws, including Bat Masterson, Butch Cassidy, Black Bart, and Billy the Kid. In the United States the hat came to be known commonly as the derby,[SUP][5][/SUP] and American outlaw Marion Hedgepeth was commonly referred to as "the
Derby Kid".

47665-full.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread