monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Americus what you find in a weekend is more than some folks have in their collection, but you find some smoking hot blades for sure.:notworthy:

intensecrasher

Apr 6, 2014
California
Detector(s) used
Ground-penetrating radar...LOL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very cool....I keep seeing all this good stuff on TN and I am jonesing for a good site to hunt!

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah- that 2nd one is great- and the heartbreaker... pity n' a shame. Good luck on your next! Yak

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points. Im lucky to find a scraper

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
I always enjoy seeing your finds, very nice materials and types you find. You are very fortunate to find those intact, as it looks to me like the first two pictured were scraped by the plow several times? I interpret those rusty dark colored marks to be where an iron plow or disc has touched the artifact, and the metallic residue has then rusted, would you agree they are evidence of a close encounter with modern farm machinery, or do you think they are something else?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Americus. I would have thought you would be deepen peanuts by now. Having soft soil keeps many from being broke I imagine. Good hunt. You need to make a video one day and take us along.

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Nice Americus. I would have thought you would be deepen peanuts by now. Having soft soil keeps many from being broke I imagine. Good hunt. You need to make a video one day and take us along.

They haven't started to plant peanuts.

OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
I always enjoy seeing your finds, very nice materials and types you find. You are very fortunate to find those intact, as it looks to me like the first two pictured were scraped by the plow several times? I interpret those rusty dark colored marks to be where an iron plow or disc has touched the artifact, and the metallic residue has then rusted, would you agree they are evidence of a close encounter with modern farm machinery, or do you think they are something else?

I really don't thing so but you may be right.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the brown streaks is actually part of the flint. Could be inclusions in the flint. The ones I find are usually black but do have quartz veins in them which is part of the flint make up. Or it could be part of the patina of the flint.

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the rain we've had in our area, the farmers are behind on planting everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions