Sunday bottle dump dig...Silver and Gold!!! Digital Adventure!! Must See!!

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok well I've had a few requests from people to have a little story go along with some of our better finds, and yesterday counts as one of those days. And I say our because I do hunt quite often with BEZJO and once in awhile with Southern_Boy...hunting alone can be fun but its always nice to share exciting finds and adventures with others. So yesterday, Sunday, after the clouds broke in the morning and after 2 days of rain I had decided to run back up the the bottle dump that BEZJO and I have been hitting hard lately. We have found a good amount of sterling silverware lately and have been hoping to pull out some gold eventually. Well Sunday was the day! I have included pictures of the dump site itself to show people what we are dealing with here....its a mess!!!!

bottledump1.jpg
bottledump2.jpg

Three methods that we use while finding stuff up here....good old eye spotting stuff on the surface, digging down to unearth whatever is beneath, and for the smaller stuff when we think we have searched everything thoroughly...sifting.

siftbox1.jpg

So as I walked up and snapped a few pictures to share with you all I was doing some quick eyeball spotting of the grounds because they have changed from 2 days of rain, showing a lot more than what would be seen after our big dig last week where we found all of the sterling silverware. And low and behold, I spy gold...

goldpencil1.jpg
goldpencil2.jpg

WOOHOOOO!!!! About time!! No hallmark or anything but it tests at 18k! A nice and small pencil! All of the parts inside work as well because they are all gold too. The lead is shot and brittle but the rest is beautiful! At this point I'm jazzed and hoping there is more, And immediately start tossing a few shovel loads into the sifting box. We have pulled a lot of costume jewelry out of the hill but no gold or even silver jewelry so this was a breakthrough. After a few sift box searches and not much to speak of besides a few coins and costume jewels, and a back who was starting to scream, I decided to go back to some digging. Here are a few nice pictures of sift box finds....

earring1.jpg
earring2.jpg
coin1.jpg

So I get to digging and boy oh boy the stuff started pouring out of the ground. There seems to be a sweet spot about 6 feet uphill from the large tree in the middle of the dump but that's where all of the good finds have been coming from. And its usually one thing after another. Today out popped another section of the bracelet that BEZJO found last week, a sterling silver ring, a dogs vaccination tag, another ring, not sure on the metal, thought it was gold at first but it seems too light in weight but came out nice and shiny, a national Forestman metal and so much more!!! I'm going to use up the rest of my allotted pictures for this post and then respond with pictures of everything cleaned and total finds for the day.

bracelet.jpg
forestermetal1.jpg
ring.jpg
silverring1.jpg

Stay tuned for totals and cleaned pictures.....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bushido Dude

Bushido Dude

Dec 20, 2005
Kill Devil Hills, N.C.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok here are the totals and cleaned pictures.....

Attachments

• ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,111
  • pencilandbracelet2.jpg
    pencilandbracelet2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,114
  • pencil2.jpg
    pencil2.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,141
  • totalfinds.jpg
    totalfinds.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,166
  • ring5.jpg
    ring5.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,117
  • silverring4.jpg
    silverring4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1,135
  • silverring5.jpg
    silverring5.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 1,097
  • silverring6.jpg
    silverring6.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,137
  • dogtag.jpg
    dogtag.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,118
  • nationalforesterfrontandback.jpg
    nationalforesterfrontandback.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,107

dave5339

Jan 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab X-Terra 305, Garrett Pro Pointer
It's amazing what people just throw away.

Nice finds and looks like a sweet location.

Semper Fi

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
That is some nice digging right there. Cool sifting too. Congrats.. :thumbsup: jgas

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds :icon_thumleft: thats a great way to separate the good from the bad Good Hunt Dd60

possumheaded

Sep 25, 2006
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Ace 250, White's DFX, Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great spot! Congrats on those finds! :icon_thumright:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!

You've just inspired me to go back to my little dump with a sift box.

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
killer finds from the dump :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kind of digging !! I bottle dug and sifted for coins ands buttons long before I started with a machine !! Excellent spot !! Excellent post !! with excellent results ! MaineRelic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread