Sunday demo lot hunts

markincypress

Apr 6, 2012
cypress texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX3030, Tesoro Tejon and Sand Shark, Fisher F75-ltd, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Myself, Jerry (Jas415) and a fellow hunter named Jack from the coinshooting online forum hunted together this past Sunday. We began at the site where Jerry pulled a few silver coins from a few days earlier. One of my first targets that I dug was a 1940 era Tootsie Toy truck; one of the larger ones. Not much else was found here; Jack did get a piece of costume jewelry here before we moved on. The next site yielded few coins but Jerry did get a Atlanta souvenir token that was stuck onto a piece of broken concrete. We thought (well I thought) it might be a silver dollar at first but still a very cool find. Jerry if you read this post the picture.

Jack had to leave our group early so Jerry and I both went to one last site. This is where most of our coins were found for the day. Jerry and I were both using our CTX machines with the small 6" coils on them surgicallyly picking the coins off the site. We found a series of concrete blocks buried under the grass; leading from the driveway towards the house. This must have been the old walkway as a concrete one was located just a few feet away. Jerry got a nice coin signal under one of the blocks and worked the block out of the ground; scanning the earth beneath it. Here he found a nice 1942 Mercury dime entombed by the block. We began scanning and removing more of the blocks that showed a coin signal but no other silver coins emerged. I began working an area away from the blocks and got a signal showing multiple targets with iron under my coil. From this hole I dug a memorial penny, a rusty nail along with a nice silver 1942 Mercury dime! We continued our hunt; getting several wheat pennies but no other silver coins.

More silver coins await!!

2-17-13.JPG

Last edited:

jas415

Aug 24, 2003
Spring, Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab 800 - 900 and Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got clad, some wheats, three toy cars, one pretty old Tootsie Toy minature, the Atlanta Olympics General Mills Sp0onsor token for Gynmastics, some game tokens and the '42 Merc.
IMG_3092.JPG IMG_3096.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread