Sunday diggins......new spot .....new finds.

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
Hi all,

Earlier this year i was out taking a joy ride with my family one day going everywhere, just looking around. We stumbled upon this and I nearly wet my pants that day!! :o :o :o :o :o

I got back out there today and got permission from the owner which was a great guy by the way. It Took a while to find someone though, the guy that owns it has mad property, and i had to drive around a bit to find him to get permission. This place hasn't been hunted much. It's out in the middle of nowhere and i mean NOWHERE....If your not from around this area where it was then you have no clue it's there. The first target was the suspender clip, i also found the top of a old flag pole which has cool designs on it but it's broken. After about a half hour i ran into my first coin. A wheatback with the date of 1930. I then started seeing lots of broken depression glass bits around. Wish i could find a whole depression glass piece i love the look of them. I then started plucking indians, 1904, 1905, 1907, 1898. All in about a 10 foot area i will come back without the super 12 next time and take my time. I can assure u there's a barber or two just in that 10 foot area. There was much iron.

After about a hour and a half i ended up with just the 5 coppers. but there is much more to be found here and you can bet i'll back this weekend. :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:
The barbers are calling and i need a haircut :P

Take care,

Mac

Attachments

• school.jpg
    school.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 207
  • school (1).jpg
    school (1).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 200
  • buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 198
  • indian.jpg
    indian.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 211
  • indian2.jpg
    indian2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 204
  • school.jpg
    school.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 193
  • school (1).jpg
    school (1).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 196
  • buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 189
  • indian.jpg
    indian.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 199
  • indian2.jpg
    indian2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 192

drgest

Apr 6, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum II, Fisher 1280x
oh, I'm drooling. No weeds, brush etc. How did you find the owner? Keep us posted.

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Matt, Congrats on the goodies. That place will give up goodies year after year! If they tilled recently it will be even better in the fall!

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah yes now that's my kinda spot Matt :thumbsup: Mike is right on the year after year thing I hunt a field where there use to be a house and still find stuff, I wish they'd give it a good plowing once, all they ever do is disc it.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice spot....Schoolhouses are in my top 3 favorite hunting spots.

Hopefully you'll find some Barbers (a dime was still alot of money for a kid to run around with when they were being minted....V Nickels and early buffs are more likely).......but I KNOW you'll find Mercs!.

At least that's my experience from schoolhouse hunting.

Good Luck and keep us posted!

-SgtSki

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent looking spot, Matt! Keep us posted on your future hunts.

Love that first pic.....you could enlarge it and hang it on the wall. :)

HH

Bazooka

Jan 26, 2007
Nice Matt. You seem to have a knack of finding good spots. Hope it keeps producing for ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions