Sunday Finds, 05/04/2008.

coinhunter53

Jul 13, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer E-Trac, Shadow X 5, Fisher 1266X.
I decided to search the old hunted out park here in my town to see if I could find another gold ring like the class ring I found a few weeks ago. I did not find any gold, but I did find Silver, a 1919 Mercury Dime. I also found a 1925-S and a 1944 Wheat cents. All the coins were found at about 6 inches. I also found a African Copper Piece made of copper. It was down at about 6 inches as well. It had been buried for a long time as it has a deep green color. The Piece is about 2 inches tall and about 1 and a half inches wide. I know nothing about it. Any help will be appreciated. I also found down the hill I was digging on. If it were not foe a big bush, I would have ended up at the bottom of the hill. Also all my finds fell out under the bush and took me about 15 minutes to recover them all. I had a great day. HH...Jesse.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 237
  • scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 0

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you were on a roll. lol ::)
Congratulation on the finds. :thumbsup:
Good thing you didn't break something. :icon_sunny:
Leon

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats pretty neat that find you have...I wonder if it was a slavery type item.. Now I am curious as to what exactly it is.. great finds for sure.

booty

R

RUDY2003

Nice diggins' Coinhunter.....
The African piece may be 1800's slave relic.....

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Terrific finds! You are gonna have to be more careful, we don't want to have to hear about a detectorist being found at the bottom of a cliff covered in his treasure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions