Sunday gold

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out Sunday to a spot I discovered two weeks ago. The gold was great last time I was here, actually the best I've ever done just panning. So far this is my bigger pieces from about 5-6 pans I did on Sunday. I also brought 2-5 gallon buckets of the same material home to go through.
ze8u8e7u.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good score! Nice size flakes if you are running that much material you must have found a nice run in the gravels; lot more flour Gold in the loose stuff...

OP
OP
tyeechinook

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm digging heavily compacted red stained gravel containing mostly quartz in a massive crack in a slab of bedrock. This stuff is so compacted, I have to break it up with a mortar and pestle

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm digging heavily compacted red stained gravel containing mostly quartz in a massive crack in a slab of bedrock. This stuff is so compacted, I have to break it up with a mortar and pestle

Do you have a metal detector?

While shoveling dirt into a bucket I noticed a rust ring around one rock. I scraped the rust covered rocks off of the rock and one of them ended up in the bottom of my pan and stayed there regardless of how heavily I panned the material. I took it home, put it under magnification and picked at it. A small chuck of rust came off and underneath it was gold, like rust plated gold. If you have a detector it could be worth the time to check the pebbles that you dump from your panning work........................63bkpkr

OP
OP
tyeechinook

tyeechinook

Sep 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a gmt. I strategically placed all my tailings in a spot that I can come back to. Here is my -30 so far. Looks great! The first pic and this one is from the 5 pans I did while there. I still have 2 buckets to go through!!! I've never been so excited to pan at home as I am now.
2u7e7etu.jpg

Really tough to get through these black sands, so I'm really taking my time with the small stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread