Golden Mask 1+ 15khz UK Edition
Makro Multi Kruzer
Nokta/Makro Anfibio
Currently using my trusty and best friend Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi!😊
About Sunday.
Yup... It's true... I just got a Dēus for the third time!😬 (9hf Round).
Had a nice deal... Bought it for educational purposes and some tests!😊

But no, I wouldn't change my Nox... To be honest, I didn't find anything really deep like I'm used to... Just that relic with a face (from a Roman bronze pot). Coins were between 6" - 10"...
Got very frustrated with the good tones that I was getting from Roman slags and hot rocks... (waste of time). Sometimes I had to call my mate (he was using my Nox) to check some of those targets... Everytime the Nox grunted... Yes, I know we can tweak Deus alot... But, on my Nox I don't need to change much... even a pre set program will do the job...
One thing I did like, and I kind of missed... How light Deus is!😇
My mate did a great job using my Nox for the first time! He found his first Denarius and lots of other Roman coins! At the end, he said that he doesn't want to go back to his AT Pro!🤣👌
Another crazy thing, after more than one year straight, I didn't find a Monarch Hammered coin!😲 YO!!!! For those who knows me, this not normal!!!!😲

Next time, I'm taking my Nox 🤣

Deus is a good French Stick, but Nox is greater! My opinion. ;)

20191216_203441.jpg 20191218_213249.jpg 20191218_213321.jpg

Upvote 9

chiloquin

Dec 21, 2011
Coeur D'Alene, Idaho
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, XP Deus, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd have to agree. I used the Deus for about 6 years and switched to the Nox about 2 1/2 years ago. I'm hitting silvers at depths I never could with the Deus. The learning curve from the Deus was steep considering the low tones and VDI. Overall the Nox is a superior machine simply for the depth you get on silver. My best deep find to date was a early Silver Medieval Annular Brooch at 13" in pasture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread