Sunday Hunt W/ Grandson

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Took my 5 year old grandson out detecting today. I promised we'd either go fishing or MDing and everyone knows grandpas can't break their promise. Wish I had the camera with me as we took turns-if I got a signal then I'd dig and then it was his turn. What was wild was he was staying up with me on finds: all clads 6q, 3d, 2p. He also found a knife blade in his driveway and I found a 39P wheatie. I mean the smile on his face was priceless. Don't worry, I'll get his pic. in Mug Shots as soon as get camera back from friend. HH to you all and keep swingin.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
DigginD, don't get me started on fish stories-well maybe this one. A guy below the dam at Corp. of Engineer lake caught a flathead catfish and when he got it home and gutted it, he found a pocket watch and it was still running. He ran and told his nieghbor about it and his neighbor said he had been out the night before and caught an even larger flathead. When the nieghbor opened it up, he found a coleman lantern inside and it was still lit! THe 1st neighbor said "If you blow out the lantern, I'll stop the watch." ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread