Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sunday Hunt with Mike starts slow & ends with a Confederate GA Button

Met up with Mike ( woodland detectors) for a Sunday hunt. Started off at the site the Script I's came from last week and recovered a few flat buttons and a VPI (Va Polytechnical Institute) cuff button circa 1900. Thanks for the ID on that one Mike. Mike recovered a nice .69 round ball from over a foot down in rocky red clay with the GPX 5000. After lunch we moved to another site and recovered a few more flat buttons, then the last target before we left revealed a huge 2 peice button. I was pretty sure that It was a GA Button after a breif exam and when i got back Tice's confirmed it as a GA206A1-Georgia Coat button with Horstman & Allen / NY backmark! SWeet!
HH
James

Attachments

• P1060705.jpg
    P1060705.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 671
  • P1060700.jpg
    P1060700.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 675
  • P1060702.jpg
    P1060702.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 671
  • P1060703.jpg
    P1060703.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 669
  • P1060704.jpg
    P1060704.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Sunday Hunt with Mike starts slow & ends with a Confederate GA Button

Steve in PA said:
You are on a nice Confederate button streak James, keep it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

LOL I hope to for sure!!! Thanks Steve!

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Woodland Detectors said:
Steve in PA said:
You are on a nice Confederate button streak James, keep it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
He is!

Were going to see what he digs this week. I think your due for a gold coin James. LOL

WE will see Mike! a gold coin in a hole would put me into cardiac arrest for sure

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Woodland Detectors said:
Hey Buddy, once again, the Whites beat the Minelab. :D I'll get you one of these days! ;D

That's yet another banner button James. Your a fine detectorist buddy. Thank you for having me out again. It was a great day for beepin.

Mike

Thanks Mike Great pics as usuall!! :headbang:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds! Hope you find that gold coin soon! ;D

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Mach 1 Pilot said:
Nice finds! Hope you find that gold coin soon! ;D

Thanks! ME too! :headbang:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jamesbibb said:
Met up with Mike ( woodland detectors) for a Sunday hunt. Started off at the site the Script I's came from last week and recovered a few flat buttons and a VPI (Va Polytechnical Institute) cuff button circa 1900. Thanks for the ID on that one Mike. Mike recovered a nice .69 round ball from over a foot down in rocky red clay with the GPX 5000. After lunch we moved to another site and recovered a few more flat buttons, then the last target before we left revealed a huge 2 piece button. I was pretty sure that It was a GA Button after a breif exam and when i got back Tice's confirmed it as a GA206A1-Georgia Coat button with Horstman & Allen / NY backmark! SWeet!
HH
James

Fairly worn but still a pretty button! I see how it is, you and Mike gonna corral all the good spots before I get up to visit huh? ;D :laughing9: :tongue3: J/K Looks like y'all had another nice hunt together, good job :icon_thumleft: :wink:

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
jamesbibb said:
Met up with Mike ( woodland detectors) for a Sunday hunt. Started off at the site the Script I's came from last week and recovered a few flat buttons and a VPI (Va Polytechnical Institute) cuff button circa 1900. Thanks for the ID on that one Mike. Mike recovered a nice .69 round ball from over a foot down in rocky red clay with the GPX 5000. After lunch we moved to another site and recovered a few more flat buttons, then the last target before we left revealed a huge 2 piece button. I was pretty sure that It was a GA Button after a breif exam and when i got back Tice's confirmed it as a GA206A1-Georgia Coat button with Horstman & Allen / NY backmark! SWeet!
HH
James

Fairly worn but still a pretty button! I see how it is, you and Mike gonna corral all the good spots before I get up to visit huh? ;D :laughing9: :tongue3: J/K Looks like y'all had another nice hunt together, good job :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Looking at this variety in Tice's book it seems that they may have been mass prodeuced lacking the attention to detail that the more rare GA buttons have, couple that with resting in Red Clay for 150 years im surprised it looks this good! It will go nicely in my collection of buttons. This site was the same one we hunted the last time he was up, & having someone to hunt with is always better than solo swinging. Hope to see you at the end of the month :headbang:

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX