sunday jewelry jackpot

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a moving sale sunday morning. It had been hit hard on Saturday and there wasn't much left. I asked the lady if she had any jewelry. She said she had a box of older jewelry but she hadn't been able to find it because the house was a mess. I left her my # and said to call me if it turned up. She called me at noon and said she found the jewelry, I was shocked because call-backs almost never happen. I went back there and paid $60 for the box because I saw some pretty good costume stuff on top. It turned out to be my best box of jewelry in a long time. Here's a partial list: 12 pieces of 10k and 14k gold totaled 33.2g, over 50 pieces of silver 243g, about 100 pieces of costume, a lot of them antique and signed. The best piece in there was a 14k bracelet with 1/2 ct channel set diamonds. IMG_0404.JPG IMG_0405.JPG IMG_0406.JPG IMG_0407.JPG IMG_0409.JPG IMG_0410.JPG

Dirtfisher707

Dec 27, 2015
Nor-Cal
Detector(s) used
Garret AtPro and AtGold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! 60 bucks... you can't beet that.

Goes to show there is still plenty of treasure out there to find.

Dirtfisher707

Dec 27, 2015
Nor-Cal
Detector(s) used
Garret AtPro and AtGold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you might have a blue star sapphire ring. If it is blue star sapphire you are talking big bucks!!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds to good to be true however GREAT for you!

Kudos on your Major score!

AA7FD67C-4B49-4E71-8D65-C01F35F701BD.jpeg

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on! Super score! Like you said, I too have left my number but rarely get a call back. Good luck!

OP
OP
J

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Dirtfisher, i didn't know star sapphires were that valuble

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like you might have a blue star sapphire ring. If it is blue star sapphire you are talking big bucks!!

If it is real I do not think it would be set is silver (white gold yes, but not silver) A real blue star could go for over $600 per ct and silver now is .55¢ gram. I would not put a thousand dollar stone is a ring with a melt value of $2.00. Platinum would be good. How is the ring marked? Hopefully PT.

OP
OP
J

jochart

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cyberdan, the star sapphire ring is 14k white gold. I'm hoping to get around $300 for it

Dirtfisher707

Dec 27, 2015
Nor-Cal
Detector(s) used
Garret AtPro and AtGold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might be interested in the ring. can you privet message me some detailed pics and weight of the ring?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a mother load. The ring could be a Lindy stone Sapphire? I had one set in white gold. Mine had an L engraved on the bottom of the Stone, as you could see the flat base of the stone underneath inside the mounting. I thought I had a real blue star sapphire, but the jeweler I took it to pointed out the little L on it.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yikes! Mother lode is right.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other

Fritos56

Apr 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's quite a haul. For christmas my sister sent me a bunch of old jewelery from the 1930s to I say 60s. She has a friend who together with his wife own resale shops in the New York-New Jersey area. They also handle estate sales and my sister works for them on weekends, helping with their sales. Around here, I never get lucky like you. Most of it is stuff not worth really stopping for.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread