Sunday on the raging river...not a bad short day!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Went out to the raging river today, didn't get out til about 1:15 PM, but no worries. I have never used an A52 before, I have always just used my Brawn, but I just finished "repairing" this sluice so I thought I would try it out. Had a helluva time getting the water to where I thought was right amount and got to digging.

There was a guy across the river from me, I was working on the island, he was on the inside of the bend. He had a compact sluice an was classifying like a machine!! Hope he did well.

I found a hole that someone else had done a P*ss poor job of filling in, and got right to the bottom of it. Dug about 8 full unclassified buckets (3 buckets just over 1/2 full once classified to 1/4"). Ran the A52 for maybe an hour and pulled it. Cold as hell and got water inside my gloves.

About this time another fella with his wife and family showed up. We chatted for a minute and they were off to the other side of the island. I was glad to have met him, he was there to give some first hand experience to his family about panning and classifying. Great day.

After I cleaned out the A52 I panned it down at the edge of the river, and all in all, not a bad couple of hours enjoying nature and, for the last 20 minutes, filling in that hole. Happy with the day, and a little shine for my poke!

Did anyone else make it out this weekend?

Attachments

• image-2285757026.jpg
    image-2285757026.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 253

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The setup you made on your A52 was Good as gold that fine was caught by it. Keep up the good work!.......63bkpkr

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice work in WA, here in CO I was last out on Tuesday. Since then it's been cold, dark and snowy here. Next outing will be this coming week when the sun and 50+ weather returns :-)

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Cold rainy and snowy at the higher hills around here. Good weekend to hang out at the house and do research into areas to do pre-claiming tests on next weekend. I'm going to have to do something to work off all that turkey, so why not go test?

Todays research turned up 2 different plots. One of about 12-1/2 acres and another of just under 16 acres. Both meet our requirements of having good access and at least one fairly level spot to set up camp. If next weekends testing "pans out" we'll start the actual filing process. Depending on the weather next weekend I hope to be able to get about 50 gallons worth of classified materials from each site. Both locations are much closer to the source of the gold in that area than our current dig site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread