Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Sunday, I took a ride out to a park that I haven't been to in awhile. This park was used for farming and numerous other activities including a clash with the British during the revolutionary War.
On occasion, this location has given me some silver. I revisited some areas that I have gotten lucky at in the past. I figured that the CTX might be able to find something that the AT PRO or the E-Trac might have missed.
My very first coin was a large copper that I posted on the "What Is It?" Forum. I figured one of you sharpies might be able to figure out what this piece of Toast was.
I searched areas that I have given nicknames to when I searched them in the past. One was "Ghost Squirrel Hill" in honor of a white squirrel that I spotted on my second visit. This was an all white squirrel,, not an Albino. (It had black eyes) I picked away at some clad and trash but no silver.
Next I moved on to an island of grass that divided the walkway from the roadway. It is a little overgrown with young trees but fifty years ago, it was probably all grass. A prime spot for sitting and gazing out on the lake that is just beyond the road. My last trip there, I walked away with a Silver Washington Quarter, a Barber Dime and a Mercury Dime. Not this hunt. I did find a mess of keys with a rope that I would think would keep you from losing them. Oh well, into the brass pile.
My final spot was a humongous weeping willow. This location gave up 3 Mercury Dimes on my last search. Well it took a little effort on my part but the CTX sniffed out a 1929 Mercury Dime. Finally. I always go home a happy camper when I find Silver.
IMG_3839.JPGIMG_3837.JPG
IMG_3838.JPGIMG_3836.JPG
IMG_3835.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 18
cool finds! its amazing what we leave behind with machines and then find with other ones.

Well done ATW. You are all over the silver coins man!

Congratz on silver!

Nice merc, congrats!

Some school janitor is pissed he dropped his keys :)

Congrats on pulling a Merc. Don't know why you keep the other 2 detectors. They can't touch the CTX.

Congrats on pulling a Merc. Don't know why you keep the other 2 detectors. They can't touch the CTX.
I guess it's because they are like my children.
Maybe someday they will outlive their usefulness.
I think the AT PRO will be the first to go. lol

I guess it's because they are like my children.
Maybe someday they will outlive their usefulness.
I think the AT PRO will be the first to go. lol

I can see keeping the AT Pro if you plan on detecting in a seedier side of the city, so if it is taken, you still have the CTX, but the E-Trac is slower then the CTX and I would sell it before it loses more value.

Very nice hunt with a great mix of finds. Congrats!

I know what you mean about naming spots. I had this sports park that I dubbed "Zip park" because I kept finding parts of zippers. Then, I found a completely unexpected 1812 half. I re-dubbed the park, "Zippity Do Dah" park! ;)

I know what you mean about being happy when I've found a lonely old silver dime. It's like we've beat the odds, again! Ya know?

Keep swinging!

Any day when you can walk away happy is a good day. Nice silver man

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back