Sundays adventure new spot, new finds!

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer
Sunday's adventure new spot, new finds!

Hi all,

Earlier this year i was out taking a joy ride with my family one day going everywhere, just looking around. We stumbled upon this and I nearly wet my pants that day!! :o :o :o :o :o

I got back out there today and got permission from the owner which was a great guy by the way. It Took a while to find someone though, the guy that owns it has mad property, and i had to drive around a bit to find him to get permission. This place hasn't been hunted much. It's out in the middle of nowhere and i mean NOWHERE....If your not from around this area where it was then you have no clue it's there. The first target was the suspender clip, i also found the top of a old flag pole which has cool designs on it but it's broken. After about a half hour i ran into my first coin. A wheatback with the date of 1930. I then started seeing lots of broken depression glass bits around. Wish i could find a whole depression glass piece i love the look of them. I then started plucking indians, 1904, 1905, 1907, 1898. All in about a 10 foot area i will come back without the super 12 next time and take my time. I can assure u there's a barber or two just in that 10 foot area. There was much iron.

After about a hour and a half i ended up with just the 5 coppers. but there is much more to be found here and you can bet i'll back this weekend. :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:
The barbers are calling and i need a haircut :P

Take care,

Mac

Attachments

• school.jpg
    school.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 353
  • school (1).jpg
    school (1).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 359
  • buckle.jpg
    buckle.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 375
  • indian.jpg
    indian.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 370
  • indian2.jpg
    indian2.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 367
Upvote 0

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Re: Sunday's adventure new spot, new finds!

Now that would make most anyone wet their britches! I'd LOVE to find a place like that. Just the look of it makes you KNOW that "treasures" lie in wait.

Please keep us informed.

Grip

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550

Can't wait to see the next batch of pics from that spot,I know that there is some silver there.
Maybe a key date coin.Congrats on a great place to go dirt fishing.
Good luck and happy hunting. :thumbsup:

fortbball9

OP
OP
dfxmatt

dfxmatt

Jul 6, 2006
MICHIGAN
Detector(s) used
whites dfx and whites beachunter i.d. in summer

thx hopefully i can get a camera that will take close up pics.

Curious The George

Sep 4, 2008
East Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Metrotech
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Be sure and hunt out away from the building. There would be parking areas for buggys and or cars. When people rode horses and drove wagons and buggys to church they parked away from the church. Horses emit noxious fumes and make noise, preacher didn't like the competition. There also may have been a small grove of trees of some kind that they set up for picnic on the grounds under.

willy1970

Apr 8, 2009
Central MN
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro & X-Terra 50

Great looking spot -- looking forward to see what else
you score from there. Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

That's my kind of place.......nice and quiet out in the country. Nice finds. Is that a house or school ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread