sundays finds

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Hi everyone went out and done a park and one school yesterday and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome, cranked the discriminator all the way up so as it would only pick up the $1 and $2 dollar coins and the occasional screw-cap ended up with $47.00 and 1 Stirling silver thimble which is over 100years old and 1 and penny and 1 halfpenny wh ich i still have to clean up so i can read the dates.
I have another Stirling silver thimble also over 100 years old found 10 years ago i found that one at a 1930's Sustanance camp and in perfect condition.

Cheers Raoul

Attachments

• Finds for October 16 (400 x 300).jpg
    Finds for October 16 (400 x 300).jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0

Ady

Jul 24, 2005
Wow now as a fellow Oz I can appreciate that!!
What detector are you using that discriminates so well?

Ady

Adelaide S.A

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great dig!!!,,, love the thimbles....
$47.oo?,,, Is that all in the pic?
How about a pic of the $1, & $2 coins,,, input,, need input... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

F

Floater

Nice going Raoul. 47.dollars is a nice day.The silver is Excellent. HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs!

Love the thimble!

HH

Lonewolfe

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!Raoul,quite an impressive take.WTG!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Congrats Raul, great finds. Love the thimble. I have only found one silver one, but lots of brass, tin, aluminum ones. By the way, what is a Sustanance Camp?...Lance

Slug Hunter

Oct 16, 2005
Tennessee
No kidding the US needs some coins like that. I mean what the hell was the Sacajawea? What an embarassing coin, the finish was ruined the first time finger oil touched it. Clad is fine for the portions-of-a-dollar coinage, but there is no excitement in finding 1 and 2 dollar coins here anymore. How great would that be to walk out of a day of hunting with 50 bucks in your hand?

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
Nice digs -- 47.00 AUS = 35.00 American -- that's one heck of a day in my book -- best clad day myself is about $6.00. And a thimble to boot -- With that kind of clad days you can pay off a detector pretty quick !! :o :o

OP
OP
Raoul

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Hi guys, thanks for looking. will try to answer your questions.
Andy i am using the Whites MXT i only use full discrimination when i do manicured lawns that way i only dig the good targets Saying that full discrimination cost me 1 gold sovereign as i detected an old inn site with full discrimination that cut out the gold sov as its in the pull tab range and one of my mates who detected the same area found it. :-\

Jake i know what you mean,i am hoping that the $5.00 coin comes out here soon.

Leon those golden coins are the $1 & $2 dollar coins

Lance a sustanance camp is, in the 1930's when the great depression was on the governement paid a very small wage to unemployed people and made them work for it,these camps sprung up all over the country and was called sustenance camps.

Guys i'm surprised that you do not have coins in the dollars amount, what is your highest coin and i don't mean in the $100's Half dollar coin ?

Cheeers Raoul ;)

Slug Hunter

Oct 16, 2005
Tennessee
Oh we have dollar coins, but they have no soul, at least compared to the long history of cool coins from the US.
At least I think they are cool.? We have Eisenhower silver dollars in circulation I believe, a Susan B. Anthony dollar
coin and a Sacajawea dollar coin.? Susan B. Anthony is probably the only nice looking coin in the bunch, and she is a skank.
And the Eisenhower Dollar is a giant coin.? But they are just clad relics.? I want gold and silver Argh.
One thing about the US, though, is the looks you get from people when you try to spend them.? To get a 50 cent piece or dollar in change in the US is like the death coin, you can't spend it, i.e. you can't put it into a coke machine, lol.? It sits on your dressing table til you can find another sucker to fob it off on.? Whereas in Canada, I find they spend just fine with no strange looks from vendors.

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
;D Just wanted to say I love the thimbles and congrats on the great day! I have a couple of antique thimbles but the ones you have, are very beautiful! ;D
Thanks for posting pics always fun to see what others are finding !!!

HH
Gigi

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
We have 1 dollar coins called sacagawea dollars, but for some reason they dont circulate enough to get lost, most of us dont find many >:( I still havent found one....wish they would circulate as much as dollar bills, i would have my detector paid off ;D

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great finds !

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey JakePhelps,

I got real lucky last year in my secret spot and found 4 Sak's, 2 Susan B's, and 1 Bi-Centennial dollar. I was so excited! Just keep looking and you'll come up with your own treasure. I found my beauties at a swimming hole..very soft sand.

Keep Diggin',

Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread