Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Sunday's Gold Adventure with pics

:icon_sunny:

Well this morning the clouds were out and it smelled like rain, but I wanted to go back to the water and sluice for some gold while I have the day off from the 9-5 daily grind. I hiked down the canyon about a thousand yard almost strait down to the water. Well the water is in full force raging hard against all the exposed bedrock making it difficult to find gravel bars but I managed anyway. Spent about 5 hours out on the creek, got rained on a little but not too bad. Here are some pics of the scenery and what I found. Enjoy, Gravelwasher :hello:

Attachments

• in the glass all done.JPG
    in the glass all done.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 933
  • birdnest.JPG
    birdnest.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 928
  • sluice in stream.JPG
    sluice in stream.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 919
  • up creek.JPG
    up creek.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 930
  • gold worm.JPG
    gold worm.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 917
  • bedrock.JPG
    bedrock.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 916

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Sunday's Gold Adventure with pics

Nice looking water even though it is carrying a little dirt, some nice Large boulders to search behind and that gold color is still eye catching.

63bkpkr

nottinon

Apr 27, 2010
Fogelsville,Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like a nice aria to do some diging........Or just spend a day thare......
Hope you find more gold thare........
Wish we had Creeks like that in Pa......That have Gold in tham......Not Flower Gold......That I can not save.....
N

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab

Takoda thats some nice looking gold good and coarse, what area in general are you in? Whats the story with that last batch you had pictured? Thanks, GW

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab

Thanks for all the encouraging comments!! :laughing7:

:icon_pirat:

Got out for some prospecting today with Caminochaos had a great trip. Met some nice people out on the south fork of the American while we were sluicing, a father and son that made a wooden sluice with a built in classifier box, and a man from elk grove with a sluice box who we encouraged to put in down river by where he said he sluiced previously, we had wondered about who dug that section, was cool to meet the fellow. The kid with the home made sluice was very excited about finding gold and the whole process of how it is done, he seemed very smart and payed attention when I showed him how to pan, Camino gave him a snuffer bottle to put the 2 flakes that came out of his pan. Was a great day finding gold and meeting nice people down at the river it was nice to help someone with such enthusiasm, can you imagine having gold fever since you were in the fourth grade? That's how long this youngster of maybe 12 years has had the gold bug, he said today was his second time panning. :hello2: It was a nice day kinda overcast, I think I got sunburnt even, shoulda left my hat on but I got hot. Heres some pics of the loot.... enjoy, Gravelwasher :headbang:

Attachments

• -30 plus30 plus 30.JPG
    -30 plus30 plus 30.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 628
  • plus30.JPG
    plus30.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 634
  • 30 plus.JPG
    30 plus.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 642
  • detail -30.JPG
    detail -30.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 654
  • -30 .JPG
    -30 .JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 647
  • close30.JPG
    close30.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 629

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010

We did pretty good. I'll let you know about this weekend. Wife might be making plans. :'(

Gramps43

Feb 27, 2011
Tillamook, OR
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Actually the water looks mighty clear to me, a couple of the rivers that flow into our bay (5 total) take several days to clear because of the forks and creeks that feed them. The others clear quicker cause they have small feeder systems. If we could string 5 or 6 days of dry together so the creeks and forks could go down a little and if the BLM doesn't have the blocked with their damn yellow gates I'll get up there and do some suck'n & pann'n.

Rain, rain go away this rec. miner wants to play.

Gramps

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread