Sunray probe for Coinstrike

MichiganJason

Apr 20, 2007
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher Coinstrike Minelab Xterra 50 Minelab Quattro
Hey everybody! I just got a Sunray probe for my Coinstrike and hooked it up. When I go to use it on a coin I basically have to be touching the coin with the end of it for it to work. Maybe a 1/8 of an inch away. Is that all the depth that you get from it? If thats the case Im going to ship it back and stick with my old handheld pinpointer.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Something is very wrong there. You may have to ship that one back and get another one thats not defective. Never had a problem with mine and I am not easy on it.

Hey, just in case. You do know they require movement like a detector right?

OP
OP
M

MichiganJason

Apr 20, 2007
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Tin Nugget said:
Something is very wrong there. You may have to ship that one back and get another one thats not defective. Never had a problem with mine and I am not easy on it.

Hey, just in case. You do know they require movement like a detector right?

Ummm...not surewhat you mean by needing movement. How am I suppose to sweep it back and forth in a hole?? They dont work like a regular pinpointer say a Whites Bullseye perhaps?

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
They are basiclly like a mini detector. That is if it like mine, an inline probe connected to the detectors coil and control box with a switch to go back and forth between the coil and probe. Maybe they made them different for the Coinstrike. It dosent take much but yes, you have to sweep it. Only requires and inch or so.

OP
OP
M

MichiganJason

Apr 20, 2007
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Ohhh ok...That makes a little more sense. I certianly appreciate the response.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread