tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful sunrise. The twin struts make me believe your in a Piper Super Cup or PA 20 ?? I always thought I should have learned to fly, but never did.

OP
OP
Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful sunrise. The twin struts make me believe your in a Piper Super Cup or PA 20 ??

It’s actually a Maule Comet.

Maule Aircraft is located in Georgia and they make a fabulous Bush Plane ideal for landing anywhere.

In cruise the flaps are set at minus 7* degrees for better speed.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s actually a Maule Comet.

Maule Aircraft is located in Georgia and they make a fabulous Bush Plane ideal for landing anywhere.

In cruise the flaps are set at minus 7* degrees for better speed.
Sure looks like a great way to enjoy that sunrise. I worked for a neighbor who was crop duster many moons ago. We always headed out long before sunrise so he could get to work before the breeze would pick up in the Iowa afternoons. I was the flagger and sometimes when the wind got to strong he had a Super Cup we'd go for a flight in. To let ya know how long ago that was there was this oil embargo going on and the gas stations only allowed you 3 bucks in gas each fill-up. We'd start out some mornings hitting 3 or 4 gas stations to get a full tank in the pickup I used to head to the fields. It was a pretty neat time and I'd be out in the fields to be sprayed before the deer would get up on their legs for the morning.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great way to capture that sunrise.

OP
OP
Lunch Bag

Lunch Bag

Dec 23, 2018
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tamrock - I was VERY bad during the fuel embargo’s.

I just widened the fuel tank opening in my car to accommodate the larger nozzle used for aviation gasoline which was not being rationed. Just drive to the local airfield and fill-er-up.

Unlimited supply of 108 Octane AvGas.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tamrock - I was VERY bad during the fuel embargo’s.

I just widened the fuel tank opening in my car to accommodate the larger nozzle used for aviation gasoline which was not being rationed. Just drive to the local airfield and fill-er-up.

Unlimited supply of 108 Octane AvGas.
I guess those were the days you could do that. I recall hot rodders with those high compression engines would head to the airstrip and get a couple of jerry-cans loaded up with that high octane gas.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread