Super blue bowl sluicing

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Went sluicing to my secret spot while everyone else prepared and watched the big bowl game. Creek was flowing really high could barely cross sides. All of my old digging sights had washed away along with trees and boulders.The place looked way different then the last time I went. I found a dead tree stump and dead rotten roots at the edge of a crack in the bed rock and got as far as I could in the crack and removed a lot of clay and gravel. So here's how it panned out, hope you like the shine!! Gravelwasher

Attachments

• fines and cap.JPG
    fines and cap.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 618
  • long green.JPG
    long green.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 594
  • blue diag.JPG
    blue diag.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 611
  • blue close.JPG
    blue close.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 599
  • blue .JPG
    blue .JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 601
  • green close.JPG
    green close.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 598

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice shine on a Super Bowl Win :headbang: Go Pack Go :hello2:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Gravel Washer,
You won the game! Congratulations you made the right choice!!

Your short story is a sample of what has been going through my mind even as I was closing down my site last year, "what will this look like next year and will more gold be deposited by the spring floods or will it all be washed away ". My site is also on the bank of a stream and the water levels have been going up and down worse than the value of stock on wallstreet and it is not even spring flood time. Will my old dig site be gone? Will the bank be gone? Who knows till we actually spend the effort and time to go look and "play around" with what we find there. It's a lot of hard work getting down to where the gold settles but you put out the effort and were rewarded for it and then you shared with the rest of us! Again, congratulations and thanks for sharing!

63bkpkr

CGC Miner

Nov 18, 2010
High Rockies
Detector(s) used
GB2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats some great gold for panning. Goes to show that those bedrock cracks like to fill up with our favorite metal!
Rivers are alive and in constant motion. Once the water subsides it will be interesting to see what has moved and to where. Surely there will be new deposition zones and if you get in there before other prospectors you might be able to clean up some nice new easy to get paystreaks.
Good Luck!

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Thanks for the encouragement guys!!! I was amazed at how much the creekside had changed. There used to be gravel deposits that had built up for years high on the banks and now the water must have raged higher than it has in a long while and washed the old deposits into the center line of the stream making them harder to work. The gravels used to be behind trees and boulders and such but the storms carried down whole trees and those downed trees took living trees and knocked them over. If you had a favorite spot it is probally a couple of miles down stream now...lol. Found some ancient river remains today while out doing service calls, just happen to have a shovel and some plastic bags about the size of a grocery bag with me. I did one pan tonight but the black sands are mixed with red and blond heavy sands and lots of clays took me an hour with classifing from #2,4,8 and still the black sand was mixed at the bottom. Only a couple of specks so few I wonder if they were in my pan already or if the snuffer bottle I used to put some clear water in my pan may have contaminated my sample so I will have to try a couple of more pans.I took some pics of the spot I snaged the dirt, take a look. Thanks Gravelwasher :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC03449.JPG
    DSC03449.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 536
  • DSC03448.JPG
    DSC03448.JPG
    77.6 KB · Views: 561
  • DSC03447.JPG
    DSC03447.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC03446.JPG
    DSC03446.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 520
  • DSC03445.JPG
    DSC03445.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 531
OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I panned some of the dirt from the ancient river in the Folsom area, posted picks in last post. All the pans contained fly poop gold did about 4 pans and then ran the cons through a 30 mesh and then ran it through the D.A.M blue bowl. Not to bad looking but the camera adds 10 pounds I hear..lol. The cap in the picture is off a small gold vial for reference of size. Not sure what the silvery looking flake is it stayed so I kept it. Thanks for looking!! :laughing7: Gravelwasher

Attachments

• fine gold.JPG
    fine gold.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 451
  • flash fine.JPG
    flash fine.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 457
  • pan fine.JPG
    pan fine.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 461
  • smalls.JPG
    smalls.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 435

Caminochaos

Apr 14, 2010
Gravelwasher said:
I panned some of the dirt from the ancient river in the Folsom area, posted picks in last post. All the pans contained fly poop gold did about 4 pans and then ran the cons through a 30 mesh and then ran it through the D.A.M blue bowl. Not to bad looking but the camera adds 10 pounds I hear..lol. The cap in the picture is off a small gold vial for reference of size. Not sure what the silvery looking flake is it stayed so I kept it. Thanks for looking!! :laughing7: Gravelwasher

I can tell you one thing....We wont be going there this weekend...lol

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Oh come on Camino if we do about 200 pans each we might get a gram.lol Ya your right not very productive, and the scenery is crap a damn hospital parking lot. :tongue3:

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Stilllookin,
next time your out this way stop by I will save you some dirt with the fly poop gold in it.lol. :laughing7: Actually I plan to pan another 4 pans of it and run it through the bowl to see how consistent it is, if theres no flakes or chunkier stuff I will dump it in the yard for you to come and get. Keep searching you will find something, much au to you!!! :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hoserjohn,

I think you are right there is not a whole bunch of black sand and no flakes at all above 50 mesh, the only gold left is about 100mesh same with the black sands, must have been processed already. But it looked so good all in a matrix, I thought it wouldent have any dirt if it had been worked already. Whats your take on the dirt pile?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread