super CRH day- with results

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
So I dumped $22 dollars of pennies into the grocery store counter, and my payout was $20 cash.
So, after I was done, the reject coin thing starts clinking, and I'm like.. wthat the ....
So, I look down, and there is a shiny bahamas quarter, a super cool disney land token with mickey mouse golfing, and two different arcade tokens..
So I grab em and am like SCORE.

Then, because I read this forum, I decided to look under the machine.. And my eyes popped out.. SCORE.
Two fat clad quarters and a penny. I grabbed the clad and left the copper.

So, I take my slip to the counter, with my 20.50 cash I ask the cashier if I could buy the handrolled pennies in here drawer. SCORE.
Those two free quarters I got, I turned into a penny roll with 6 pre 1981's and one 1982.. FOr free!

So, great day overall.. Responses, replies?

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
If you dumped 22 dollars of cents into the machine and wound up with 20 dollars cash, sounds like you lost 2 dollars?

Your disney tokens and such do not sound like great scores to me.

This reminds me of a coincrazed type of post.

Jim

OP
OP
FiresEye

FiresEye

Aug 17, 2010
Jim, the $2 lost is a minor minority to the pleasure of the hunt. You have to understand I got way more than $2 worth of metal out of that $22 in pennies.

It's something that CRh's don't always understand.. SInce my main hobby is hiking swimming, prospecting and boating, just getting out to watch the nature of the environment is... priceless.

People or nature, all the same.. in the end,

So that's my two cents.

Some silver hounds make us penny hunters look bad. SO please honor the rules of the CRH's.( not you , maybe you, but, just in general)

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
FiresEye said:
So I dumped $22 dollars of pennies into the grocery store counter, and my payout was $20 cash.
So, after I was done, the reject coin thing starts clinking, and I'm like.. wthat the ....
So, I look down, and there is a shiny bahamas quarter, a super cool disney land token with mickey mouse golfing, and two different arcade tokens..

Then, because I read this forum, I decided to look under the machine.. And my eyes popped out.. SCORE.

So, I take my slip to the counter, with my 20.50 cash I ask the cashier if I could buy the handrolled pennies in here drawer. SCORE.
Those two free quarters I got, I turned into a penny roll with 6 pre 1981's and one 1982.. FOr free!

Great score :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I had an unusual find at a coinstar myself a few years ago. I was dumping a dollars worth of pennies and the ticket only counted .47. So I give the machine a bang with my fist. Out pops a Coke lid. I pick it up and inside it says that I won a free funny meal. The burger joint is in the same plaza so I go there to have my free lunch.
I go to open the door,it comes off the hinge,and lands on top of me,putting a sligh gash on my cheek. So I'm laying there with the door on top of me and everyone in the joint is running around in a panic. They want to like treat me for shock,give me first aid and all that. Me, I'm on the phone with a lawyer friend of mine telling him about the sure winner I got for him, I still have the door on top of me. :laughing7:.
The fast food joint, a national chain settled quick for big bucks,because the scar on my cheek will hurt my acting career.
I ended up with a new Mercedes, a roll of gold eagles, and and a few thousand silver eagles.
All from a bottlecap I found in the coinstar.
:laughing7:
HH
Rich

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rich Hartford said:
FiresEye said:

I had an unusual find at a coinstar myself a few years ago. I was dumping a dollars worth of pennies and the ticket only counted .47. So I give the machine a bang with my fist. Out pops a Coke lid. I pick it up and inside it says that I won a free funny meal. The burger joint is in the same plaza so I go there to have my free lunch.
I go to open the door,it comes off the hinge,and lands on top of me,putting a sligh gash on my cheek. So I'm laying there with the door on top of me and everyone in the joint is running around in a panic. They want to like treat me for shock,give me first aid and all that. Me, I'm on the phone with a lawyer friend of mine telling him about the sure winner I got for him, I still have the door on top of me. :laughing7:.
The fast food joint, a national chain settled quick for big bucks,because the scar on my cheek will hurt my acting career.
I ended up with a new Mercedes, a roll of gold eagles, and and a few thousand silver eagles.
HH
Rich

You should have asked for a cup of hot Micky d's coffee while you were down on the floor!!!! I know Bad Chug Bad Bad Chug!!!! :laughing9:

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
Rich Hartford said:
HH
Rich

That is crazy... and a genius stroke of luck, to boot... I'd love to have something like that happen to me, bye bye student loans!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich Hartford said:
HH
Rich

A nice little laugh to start my morning. Thanks Rich! :laughing9:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ArkieBassMan said:
Rich Hartford said:
HH
Rich

A nice little laugh to start my morning. Thanks Rich! :laughing9:

Agreed! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread