Super excited!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bummer, it was just an extra coin...

image.jpg

But shorted one coin for this roll =(
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
500$ only a 2006S clad proof.... Bad way to start the week, I hope the three other boxes expected this week produce something.... Good luck to everyone else expecting boxes this week.

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never understood the point of weighing rolls before you open them? Seems like a huge waste of time

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I tried it for a full month once, found it a total waste of time. Yes the rolls with silver weighed more, but so what, I was still going to open every one anyway.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It takes me maybe 5 mins to weigh all 50 rolls. This 5 minute process tells me instantly if i have 90%er or not. Seeing 227 is just as much "fun" as seeing that silver edge...

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
It takes me maybe 5 mins to weigh all 50 rolls. This 5 minute process tells me instantly if i have 90%er or not. Seeing 227 is just as much "fun" as seeing that silver edge...

Some guys like motorcycles, some like cars, some like boats, some like walking, some pickups, some big rigs.... As long as you enjoy the way you choose to travel, keep traveling.

Last edited:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weighing rolls is like using x-Ray glasses to look at a lottery scratch off ticket before you scratch it. Just open the dang roll and search it. I guarantee you miss a silver coin every once and a while if you just open rolls that weigh more.

OP
OP
L

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Weighing rolls is like using x-Ray glasses to look at a lottery scratch off ticket before you scratch it. Just open the dang roll and search it. I guarantee you miss a silver coin every once and a while if you just open rolls that weigh more.

I weigh and OPEN ALL rolls, but I open the heavier rolls first.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Liu21 - remember this post next time you are at a bank and the teller says "someone picked up all the halves we had 5 minutes ago."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread