super mini/propector combo

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
true true... i was just thinking!
now you can guess why I just love May, June and July...ah, those gloriously long daylight hours....more gold getting time!!

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks great. I just ordered the Mini/Prospector combo last night after seeing both in action the other week compared to the A52 clone I have. Hope they'll make it before I leave for the in-laws next weekend, just hope their creeks aren't frozen over (mid-Mich) as I haven't prospected there before.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You're a smart man DynoGuy!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks great. I just ordered the Mini/Prospector combo last night after seeing both in action the other week compared to the A52 clone I have. Hope they'll make it before I leave for the in-laws next weekend, just hope their creeks aren't frozen over (mid-Mich) as I haven't prospected there before.
Cool, you're gonna love em! My family are all in Mi so I'm always looking for tips on where to dip a pan when I visit. My brother and sister are west suburbs of Detroit and my folks are up in Cheboygan. Any tips for me?

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Sluices: Bazooka 30" Prospector, Bazooka Super Mini and a folding A52 clone. Homemade 12" x 24" Miller table.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Kevin, I'll be up in Rose city which is near West Branch. Like I said earlier I haven't tried prospecting there, only a few pans up in the U.P. this last summer with no luck, but I'll report back when I get back. I have talked to a friend who lives in the U.P. and said he has found some color a few times.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope you have good luck Mike! I do know that area a little...the Wendy's at exit 212 is a must stop since I was a kid!

DynoGuy

Nov 10, 2013
Statesville, NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just got the tracking info, scheduled for xmas eve. Merry xmas to me.

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
i got out today for a couple hours right in the middle of town(denver) i was on the south platte, 2pans to pan out and here they are. i think i might love my BGT more than my wife!

Attachments

• image-17635055.jpg
    image-17635055.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 81
  • image-3132549034.jpg
    image-3132549034.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 80

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Tweetabear, good job getting out for our last warm day for a while. Where were you on the S Platte? Reply or PM if shy, I have a few sweet spots to point you at...

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
right at mississippi and platte river drive. early yesterday i seen 2 guys sluicing right there by that refinery as you heading south just before dartmouth. i stopped and said my howdy do's. i was shocked when they said that the bed rock is not even a foot deep there but anyways it was so cool to watch the material wash down and see the gold follow the lighter material into the trap... no guessing if there was gold or not, i could watch the gold!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
right at mississippi and platte river drive. early yesterday i seen 2 guys sluicing right there by that refinery as you heading south just before dartmouth. i stopped and said my howdy do's. i was shocked when they said that the bed rock is not even a foot deep there but anyways it was so cool to watch the material wash down and see the gold follow the lighter material into the trap... no guessing if there was gold or not, i could watch the gold!

Sooo cool, great job! I have to point out that your description tells me you are driving around town with your gear, ready to jump out at any time to get on the gold...am I right? Love it - i do the same :-)

That big plant is the old Gates Rubber factory, quite the classic Denver icon. It was still operating when I moved here in the late 80's.

Other spots where the bedrock (really hard clay, false bedrock) is shallow include just south of Evans at Grant-Frontier Park (GFP) and 8th Ave at Frog Hollow Park. I've found gold both places, give em a try when in the area. You'll often meet other prospectors at GFP.

OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
maybe it wasnt mississippi. i was right at the base of ruby hill. and yes i carry everything with me all the time, its like american express you never leave home without it. lol ya the next spot im gonna try is 8th an i25

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
image-2947987889.jpg Sure, that's the Gates plant where I dropped the pin, right down stream from where you were...right?

Further south at Dartmouth is a whole different spot, there's a waste water treatment plant on the east side of the river there. I've never tried that spot....

Last edited:
OP
OP
tweeta_bear

tweeta_bear

Jul 5, 2013
nope i was at overland park at Florida st. at the waterfall right by the bridge

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread