Ohio and Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab CTX3030 w 11" and 17" DD coils,
Minelab Excalibur II w 10" coil, Equinox 800 (4) w 11" and 15" coils,
Troy Shadow x2 w 7" coil, Pointers; Garrett Carrot, Pro Find 35,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dying to get out after New Years and wanted to take advantage of the super moon low tide. Went to my favorite low tide beach and I wasn't disappointed. Arrived at about 9:00am and left at 4:30pm. I was suppose to leave at 3:00pm. I was swinging my CTX3030 and lugging along my Stealth scoop.

Ever have one of those days when there were too many targets and not enough time? Bad enough I had only 8 hrs to metal detect (just kidding) but I was racing against the tide and it continued to sweep over valuable real-estate. Everywhere I set my 17" coil down to dig a target another beep was heard. Decided to concentrate on those unusual numbers like 12:10-13, 12:22-12:33, and the like. At the same time, I decided to not dig the 12:37 (zinc cent), 12:41-43 (bronze cent) and typical junk (12:02-04, 12:15-20, although I found a small gold band at 12:02 last year). After the tide came back in I raked the dry sand.

My first ring was a 1ct diamond cluster ring (14K, 4.67g, w 8-.14ct diamonds; 12:13 on CTX). It is a Hugh ring and the 8 diamonds sparkle.

1ct cluster ring.jpg

Next I found a large Man's wedding band with dragons and Phoenix on the outside (Stainless Steel, 7.38g).

Found the gold wedding band (3.45g; 12:14 on CTX) while meandering back to the car as the tide started going out again and I just could not miss the opportunity (and why I was late and not MDing tomorrow).

Rings inc Gold 010218.jpg

On an interesting note, found this "TOY" medallion. Thought I'd put it on and ask the wife to play with me...she said go play with your detector!

TOY medallion.jpg

Found 12 coins/hr, bringing my total number of coins to 327 for the new season. My coin-to-gold ratio is 164:1 and coin-to-silver ratio also at 164:1. Not every day I find 2 gold rings in the same day...On the other hand, also found a cremation tag from Tri-county Crematory (No, it is not where you get cream). Cremation tags are BAD LUCK, so I'll return it to the Sea on my next visit.

Cremation Tag Tri county.jpg

Upvote 0

strick

Feb 28, 2005
SF Bay Area
Detector(s) used
Embarrassed to tell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gold! I usually dig everything 12.03 and above on the ctx no mater where I'm hunting. I'll sometimes ignore 12.37-12.42 if I'm in a hurry and trying to ignore zinc. pennies and dimes. Anything 12.03 to 12.30 has potential to be gold. Good luck. target trace is a great tool for weeding out junk as well.

strick

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread