Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
started at an old area on my buddies property where I think an old church was. I got a 1920 wheat and the Army button. On the way to his house I noticed a 1 room school house and planned on stopping there on my way home.

Well I did not get much on my buddies property so I headed to the school, asked the owner if he minded if I hunted it and he gave me the go ahead, he told me I would not find anything it was hunted out, but said I was welcome to try. Withing 5 minutes I knew it was going to be tough. My etrac was in a SOLID null, the iron here was unbearable.

So thinking back to what I had read on another forum I put my etrac into ferrous sounds, 2 tones, and opened my screen wide up, and I crawled thru the iron digging any high tone. I got the 2 harmonicas, but the 1905 indian saved the day, it had iron all around it, in conductive sounds in the coin program it was a solid null, never would have got it. :laughing7:

here is the video...........

DSC00274.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

Upvote 0

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Nice video! Great Indian Head!! I have only run into a few spots that were so congested with iron that I couldn't use the coin program on the Etrac. Good to know there is a way around that constant null. Do you hunt with the stock coil or a smaller one? Congratulations again on some nice finds!

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the stock coil

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
teleman 2525 said:
nice post and vid thanks for the two tone ferros tip getting e trac soon ill remember the tip
I never realized how easy it was to do either, just start with an open screen, put it in ferrous sounds two tone, all iron with be a low tone, everything else will be a high tone, no nulling out. Just dig everything high tone, it is easy to pick the goods from the iron

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice IH :icon_thumleft: good color to i can null out iron on my DFX in a similar way Good hunt Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions