Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a couple of hours to kill in San Francisco yesterday morning so I hit one of the old parks at dawn. I have been using a program I created for my e trac by sampling all my best coin, jewelry, and token finds over the years. What remains is basically the 10,11,12,and 13lines and high conductive silver ranges. I dig high foil,nickel, and high conductive from quarters up. I know I miss some goodies but with the amount of trash and small denomination coins in the ground that frankly are not worth the wear and tear digging I concentrate on the gold range take the quarters and listen for the high deep silver when it comes. I was hoping for gold, working slow and in two hours had 26 quarters two dollars and a junk ring when I got a jumpy 12-48 at about 6 inches. Out popped this nice looking walker I did not know how nice till later. I am not a grader but you check it out and judge for yourself. Inter net says it's worth about a $100. "solid Jackson"

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 145
Upvote 12

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really Nice find. looks in great shape to me.I would like to find some big silver like that one day.If you want some of the coin experts on here to give you a idea of its condition,take some close up pictures of the obverse and reverse.They should be able to give you a good idea.Sweet find:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Qball

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The back is as nice as the front,did not scratch this one thank goodness.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean.Their is nothing more heart wrenching then scratching a coin,really for someone like me who doesn't find them all the time.But it happens to us all sometimes.I would imagine it wouldn't be hard at all to nick a coin of that size.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a superb find. Great job and hope for continued success...Brad

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic walker!, looks like your method paid off well!

Congrats

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find, Qball. I'll bet that has already made your week! Yeah, agree that scratching a good coin is a real pain. Plus, you were is a park, so I'm assuming that you weren't digging huge plugs, either.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Qball,

Congratulations on the fine nicely detailed silver find!

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread