SUPER SILVER TODAY......IN CHANGE

GAdirtfishin

Mar 24, 2008
Summerville, GA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am still in a state of shock from what I found in change today - first found a very worn 1935 Washington and then one of the items that was on my wishlist for 2009, a 1900 Barber quarter with an "O" mintmark. Now it is not in the best of shape but there were only a little over 3.4 million of these guys that were minted. Who would have thought one would turn up in change, guess you never know what you will find - it just pays to keep your eyes open all the time.

Attachments

• 1900barber.jpg
    1900barber.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,731
  • barberback.jpg
    barberback.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,744
  • barberwashington.jpg
    barberwashington.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,742
Upvote 0
you got BOTH in change TODAY!! wow.........lucky you

That's not fair, I can't even find a wheat back here. But as they say neither is life. Good job spotting those.

I LIVE IN CENTRAL GA. I KNOW OF NO ONE WHO WOULD HAVE THAT MUCH MONEY. ;D ;D ;D.

Wow! A silver quarter in and of itself is a rarity in change, let alone 2 of them and ONE BEING A BARBER!!!!

Congrats!!!! :thumbsup:

wow a barber in change very cool! congrats on hittin a wish list item as well :thumbsup:

I would go back and ask for change for 10 dollars, (all in quarters!)........NGE

Check back in there and see what else in the drawers!

Be very wary of which " Drawers" ya check out.... ;D NGE

WoW, :o

That's insane, getting the Washington is rare let alone getting a barber at the same time.... :icon_scratch:

That's cool, good finds !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH!! :D ;D

GAdirtfishin,

:o a Barber in change.

Some kid raided the old mans collection ;D

Silver is always nice.

have a good un.
SHERMANVILLE

Man that's nuts. I've never done better than a silver Rosie, Washington quarter, or a wheat, in change, in my entire life!
ONE TIME, a guy in a store sold me about $2 worth of silver Rosies at face value, after I heard the sound of silver on the counter. lol. But that's it.
I couldn't even imagine getting a Barber Quarter in change.
I have a friend who got a Standing Liberty Quarter out of a change machine at a car-wash, about a week ago.
But it never happens to me!
Anyway, Congrats on the nice score! That's AWESOME.

unreal to get both of em in change --somebody hit their old mans / moms silver stash -- god help em once pops / mom finds out.

It was your lucky day.  Two silver found in change in one day, nice.

It happened to me once.  Two silver Roosevelt dimes at two different locations in the same day, 1 at McDonalds and 1 at the convenience store near there.  They may have come from the same person's collection that someone else was spending.  They both had glue on the back. 

Probably someone hit their family's coin collection or what they thought was the coin jar.  Or it might have been an elderly person that is spending their collection that with age they have forgot they are worth more then face vallue. 

My grandfather went out on the gambling boat a few years ago.  He won $5000.  I couldn't believe all of the $100 bills that were old.  There were many $100 gold certificates in there.  That tells you something.  By the way there were only elderly people out there so I doubt they were stollen bills.

My grandmother back in the early 1990's had a client that would pay her always with silver coinage.  The lady said she was tired of looking at all of the jars of coins that her late husband had put away back in the 1950's.  My grandfather tried his best to get her to sell it all to him.  The sad things was she would use the coins everywhere to pay for things.

I had a friend that worked at Walmart.  A lady paid her at the cash register $20 all in Morgan dollars.  My friend changed them out for a $20 bill of hers.  All looked un-circulated.

WTG on the pocket change turning into silver. I got a silver dime about 8 months ago but that was all...Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back