super tune bhid 300

Super tune is a myth

I tried it, what was posted a while back and to be honest I couldn't see any different.

I also contacted the head tech that I talk to at Whites once in a while and showed him the post and he said that it wasn't true that it wouldn't make a difference. I wont say it will or wont if you want to try it and think it works for you go for it I tried it and felt it didnt work......

Ok so it may or may not work. Anybody have any tips on the BHID they would like to share? I am currently using one as my Excalibur gets fixed. Use it about 40 hrs now and I am doing pretty well.
But season veterans help always appreciated.
This is what I have learned from my use. I never could ground balance any detector??? You have to swing slower or you'll miss targets. In Discriminate if you don't go over a target you won't hear it. Let me clarify, when in all metal if you sweep near a target you'll get noise change in threshold/background sound. In Discriminate you will not get any tone unless you get most of the coil over the target. I know most of my problem is from going too fast but that's how I hunt with the Excal. If you get anywhere near a target the Excal changes tone tell me to slow down. Once I get a signal with the BHID I slow and find a bunch more in the same vicinity. Also I must note if you hunt slower it does seem to get deep on coins! Still like to hear from some others.

Buried Crap NJ said:
Ok so it may or may not work. Anybody have any tips on the BHID they would like to share? I am currently using one as my Excalibur gets fixed. Use it about 40 hrs now and I am doing pretty well.
But season veterans help always appreciated.
This is what I have learned from my use. I never could ground balance any detector??? You have to swing slower or you'll miss targets. In Discriminate if you don't go over a target you won't hear it. Let me clarify, when in all metal if you sweep near a target you'll get noise change in threshold/background sound. In Discriminate you will not get any tone unless you get most of the coil over the target. I know most of my problem is from going too fast but that's how I hunt with the Excal. If you get anywhere near a target the Excal changes tone tell me to slow down. Once I get a signal with the BHID I slow and find a bunch more in the same vicinity. Also I must note if you hunt slower it does seem to get deep on coins! Still like to hear from some others.
i w1) Turn on the BHID & go through the normal set up ( steps 2 thru 4)

(2) Set Sens. to pre-set with mode switch in disc mode.

(3) Turn threshold controlto faint threshold.

(4) Set mode switch to all-metal mode & ground balance machine normally.

(5) After ground balancing& while still in all metal, turn the sens. to MAX. The threshold will change to a high shrill.

(6) Hit thr reset to return to a normal threshold.

(7) Return to all-metal mode & re - do the ground balance. There will be a narrower window within which to balance at this time.

( Leave the mode switch in all metal mode & begin hunting. There will be a marked improvement in depth.

(9) Note: There will no longer be tone identification between the targets. However, the target identification lights will still be accurate.

was able to find this but doesnt seem to work

Thanks I will give it a try next time out. steve

This super tune on the BHID is a myth. I didn't notice any difference either except wasting more time playing with knobs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back