Supernatural Experience While Detecting???

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone ever had a "supernatural" experience while detecting? I've actually had two things happen to me that don't make any logical sense. I'm generally not a believer in ghosts and those types of things, but these two events made me wonder.

The first was when I was detecting my first cellar hole, an old tavern site. The tavern was about 5 miles from the nearest paved road in extreme South Jersey. There was no EMI because there were no wires or cables, and no cell service, and I was totally alone. When I stepped into the cellar hole, both my boot laces were untied and the long laces were wrapped up around my calves. I thought it was odd but never gave it a second thought.

Within a few minutes I found my first ever large cent, a beautifully preserved 1836. As I took it out of the dirt pile, I heard an indecipherable whisper in my headphones! I spun around expecting to see someone, but there was nobody there. I went back to the dirt pile and AGAIN I heard the whisper! I ripped the headphones off and spun around this time, but again there was nobody there. I got out of there in a hurry, but when I returned it never happened again but I found a bunch of firsts there. My first colonial, my first Flying Eagle and a bunch of other really great finds. I'll save my other freaky story after hearing some from the other members.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a boatload of stories like this from when I used to do urban exploration (metal detecting hiatus years). Cool stuff.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I prospect in a lot of out of the way places that aren't too pounded lots of artifacts and untouched areas. I hear voices a lot, more than a few times i expected to see someone up or down stream and I never too. nothing physical has happened I do feel like I am being watched often.I have had paranormal experiences when I was a teenager unsaught or solicited so I do believe it happens.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate to the voices and spend a lot of time in the middle of nowhere, deep in the wilderness by myself.
I've always loved ghost stories since childhood and never disbelieved the possibility but do have some logical answers for my own experiences.
Many times in such isolation, the day progresses in this manner........
10 hours of bugs buzzing near my ears, (I don't wear headphones) mosquitoes biting, red ants patiently waiting on a branch for my arm to brush against and next thing you know it's biting my flesh, trees whipping my face several times, listening for animals or hunters, stumbling upon a grouse sunning itself and it spooks, making a crashing sound, startled deer thrashing about, extreme fatigue.......
All transforms me into this jumpy state of being. Like clockwork, I feel a gust of wind on my back (when it's calm with no breeze) and I jump around to look; (nothing there) I often hear voices; Things are out of place and numerous other strange events happen.
Like the feeling as a kid going up the open stairs in the basement and running the rest of the way up for fear of something grabbing my leg. Or swimming in a deep, dark lake and fearing something is going to bite my foot.
However, I do believe there is energy created by thought forms or emotions. Like the times my partner and I would get into a huge argument out of the blue, only to find out that the couple below us (duplex) had been fighting during the day and that energy and emotion was lingering. Say if a psychotic killer stayed for 24 hrs in a hotel room and you rented the suite right after him. Do you think the energy will be pleasant in that room?
What I'm getting at is that some places we hunt may have had a traumatic event take place and the energy from that is still lingering. Some dude may have put a curse on the gold he buried and years later a treasure hunter finds it and bad things start to happen to them and those around them. Not necessarily his spirit that haunts it but the energy manifested by thought forms or heavy intent.
It's scientifically proven that positive thinking will make you healthier and a negative attitude will cause stress to your body.
One time I spent a couple weeks in a tent near a stream, in a huge valley deep in the Rocky Mnts. For 4 nights straight just as I was about to fall asleep, I would hear a Native woman singing in her language. The crazy thing about that is I only could hear it out of the ear that was laying on the ground and my other ear would hear the continuous sound of the rapids from the stream. So basically the woman's singing was coming from the earth.
To sum up my long-winded post, I believe in the paranormal and I don't.......
I sure do love hearing stories about it. :icon_thumright:
Cheers,
Dave.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't jump when I spook Deer or flush Quail..but, Ive heard conversations between people when out in Diggings about three times now..just this sort of two toned murmur where you hear it almost hear some words...stand up to see whos ....and Im all alone. There once I hadent even been detecting i was panning in a seasonal brook...rivulet..Runnel....you know what ever the word for a very Quiet, pleasent water way and I hear these guys talking, stand up from in between handstacks...and there is no one there..I can see far in every direction..shook my head went back to panning.Another time more in the woods i heard it and got the chills simultanously wether I liked it or not...I Didn't.I think its interesting that it happens near water and Quartz and history traumatic or not...:key:Or in a cellar hole putting pieces together later that make you go whoooaaa thats cool.And involving Native Americans Crazy stuff happens.I think we as a people dont know much about ourselves and our place in fact sometimes i feel like we dont know :censored: because of what we have forgotten and haven't learned yet..there are some amazing stories, crazy stuff..Just makes me wonder whats really going on.I've mentioned A ranch I used to live on in Lone Pine Ca. you guys can google earth this one and believe me or not on if i lived there..anyway...it is off of a road called Indian Cemetary so there is a Piute Cemetary there....make a right find the cemetary make a left end up at the ranch. WEll its an old cemetary any still used for Burial by the Piutes..there is an old Indian trail there and the put little rock walls on the trail entering the area of the cemetary from the ranch..i was told it is called a Spirit Blocker..it keeps them from leaving the cemetary and wandering off.The Ranch was homesteaded in like 1890 my ex-father in law bought the place in 1989. It was an artists estate early to mid century Theres a studio Darkroom there...Father in law said he saw the Old Man walk across the yard one time..like he knew where he was heading the whole way across!!!!!!The old man didn't live there anymore!! Story coming from a retired L.A. County Deputy who would shoot you before he ever lied to you.Thats the only other place I have heard people talking that werent there...Someone put up a link to you tube Black Forest Haunting Its in Colorado..it was filmed by tape not digital so I think its pretty cool crazy stuff. MORE STORIES PLEASE

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I have, and I read the same has happened to others in other threads elsewhere. I was in a local park I've hunted, just about dark, out in an expanse area where you can easily see anyone in voice distance, the park was empty except for me. I heard kids giggling and whirled around to see nobody. Went back to hunting and it happened again. Kids giggling out where there's no way they couldn't actually be there, seems to be semi common.

I also had a recent experience that was really odd. I went to hunt a spot with a friend, a farm way out in the sticks where an 1800s house used to sit plus there was a demolished there all heaped up in a pile, all the contents were there still inside the pile. My friend left later on. I found a Bible and felt sac-religious in laying it back down, but then it got strange later on, but I passed it off as an equipment failure. I was swinging my V3i with the 10" coil in the plowed field behind where the older house supposedly sat, and within 30 feet of the demolished home and suddenly I found my coax was dangling in the air. I thought I'd hurredly forgotten to secure it right so I twisted it back on and proceeded. Ten minutes later, it dangled again. I really cranked down on the connection this time and hunted another 20 minutes or so away from that general spot and came home. I tested the connection the next day, and it was finger tight only. I've run that same setup since then with my normal style of connecting the wire and it's never hinted at looseness since. I wasn't bumping the coil that day, the wire was not flapping in the breeze and I now wonder if "something" ghostly was going on. Even a loosely tightened connection has never backed all the way off the threads, much less has the pressed into socket worked itself out, ALL IN TEN MINUTES! Martin

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread