Superpower for Hire: Rise of the Private Military

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a proponent of such units but for every one "dedicated" individual hired, probably 200 wanna be's give such activity a black mark. (The Afghan leader insisted on "white" caucasians(?) so he could tell if a local got close) TTC

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Back years ago when you and I were in deeper than we wanted to be, all we wanted to be was "OUT". Seems today people are so lost, far more than 47 years ago. I went in for the free education. I'd imagine many still do today, but the educational benefits are much lower now by comparison. I lived off VA benefits while in school. And it got me out of the cotton mills.

Seems now though, everybody wants to be somebody - and its' gotten darned artificial. Used to be we could make our own future, and we had the patience and determination to follow through.

Now it has to be instant gratification. Certainly not everyone - good guys still exist.

As to the private armies, I agree with them though I wouldn't be involved = who the heck can you trust when it's all about money with no allegiance.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MONEY.... is an allegiance! Contracting (yes, I considered it, long time ago) is actually more stable than many countries hired to protect. TTC

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry, I have to respond to that!

Now, think about it. Money? In life's travels haven't you witnessed too many instances of: When there's money involved, who do you really trust?

Keep the faith my friend :)

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will give your statement(s) some DEEP thought, Deep! Not in a frame of mind at the moment to respond properly. TTC

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hired military mercenaries. Had them in Iraq. Then they were dismissed due to their ego's and ignorance. Paid 3-4 times that of our soldiers. It's all about the money. Without going on a rant. I'll just say, I saw the money machine first hand. In so many levels. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread