Supper; partly homegrown

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Trying to be more self-sustaining, spring rolls for supper. Good with boiled and drained nettles, fresh spinach leaves, scallions, hamburger, “quick pickled” Anaheim peppers and cooked cabbage. About anything can be wrapped in one. Kind of like a taco, but healthier (IMO) than flour tortillas made with lard.
Dipping sauce was homemade Hot pepper sauce. A long ways from perfect, dietarily, but very tasty.
IMG_3006.jpeg

Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Trying to be more self-sustaining, spring rolls for supper. Good with boiled and drained nettles, fresh spinach leaves, scallions, hamburger, “quick pickled” Anaheim peppers and cooked cabbage. About anything can be wrapped in one. Kind of like a taco, but healthier (IMO) than flour tortillas made with lard.
Dipping sauce was homemade Hot pepper sauce. A long ways from perfect, dietarily, but very tasty. View attachment 2148856
I've never had nettles, what do they taste like?

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They just remind me of other boiled greens; like spinach

I'll eat raw spinach salads all day long, but you boil that stuff and I ain't even coming in the house. One whiff of that stench and I'm
green.gif
green.gif

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
We used to wet the rice paper with beer brushed onto it..
Not many nettles around here I can think of..
The low area I used to pick late season morels had some but that site was logged off and it dried out.

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never had nettles, what do they taste like?
Pretty much like you'd expect.. bitter green stuff. Considered by some a superfood, allegedly good for prostate health & more.

"I've had dirt, I don't like dirt, it tastes like dirt!"--Hammy the Squirrel, Over the Hedge

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread