Supplies while CRHing

n9zez

Jul 2, 2010
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Luckily, I can see silver without a loop! All I am looking for is silver though!

In all seriousness though, I would get some coin tubes and storage boxes for organizing your finds.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dawn heavy duty dish soap. A canvas bag, large beach pails(both for storage), hand sanatizer, 10x loupe for errors. That's what I use, hope it helps!

Goldmanford

Aug 1, 2011
North Carolina
FreedomUIC said:
Soap and a good sanitizer.....

I like lemon-scented anti-bacterial soap from Bath and Body Works. The lemon scent helps cut down the nasty metallic smell on your hands. Coins are some of the nastiest things around!

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
huntcoinsdotcom said:
. . . The EPA came out recently and said copper killed 99.9% of all bacteria within 2 hrs of contact. They are actually going to start looking to apply it to medical applications such as bed rails, food carts etc. in hospitals .. .

As someone who pulled over 275lb of cu out of cents in 4 days, I think there should be a lobbying effort started to make this happen!

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
We CRH on the Road !

We always take along:
--plastic coffee containers to hold the sorted coin (beats fighting with the mouth of a canvas bag).

--canvas bags to take the coin into the bank.

--a map to remember where the banks are.

--Notebooks to write down important facts learned about each particular bank.

--Lunch.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya I was going to say the same thing that huntcoinsdotcom said. Silver and Copper both have those nice properties. If you have a water softener for example, the resin is usually impregnated with silver because on a microscopic level its very sharp and chews up any bacteria or eggs that could come in from your muni water (which should be clean to).

Anyways back on topic, I usually just use dish soap....might by some gritty lava soap or orange mechanics soap for cleaning.

"Coin Crud" is nasty but I dont think anything could live in it either.

I use "butcher paper" on my kitchen table so it doesnt crud up the cloth underneath, replace it every couple grand or so.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
Bigheed said:
Ya I was going to say the same thing that huntcoinsdotcom said. Silver and Copper both have those nice properties. If you have a water softener for example, the resin is usually impregnated with silver because on a microscopic level its very sharp and chews up any bacteria or eggs that could come in from your muni water (which should be clean to).

Anyways back on topic, I usually just use dish soap....might by some gritty lava soap or orange mechanics soap for cleaning.

I use "butcher paper" on my kitchen table so it doesnt crud up the cloth underneath, replace it every couple grand or so.

That butcher papers a good idea. I didn't even think abut it when I started and have effectively worn the lacquer and stain off the top of the $500 wood table I hunt on. Oh well ill just add it fixing the table to the to-do list, lol.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya it works pretty well, i almost trashed one of the crappier table cloths we have, the coin crud actually washed out but my wife was a bit "grouchy" about that. I have a felt undercloth as well with a plastic top so theres no water seapage through the tablecloth from sweaty beers and what not, works pretty good

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
I wont even bother until I get around to fixing the table first, but ill probably just grab a felt cloth or something. I just don't want to put my poor old carpet through anymore, its already on its last leg, and I haven't found enough silver to buy a new one, lol.

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take a backpack, several Ziploc bags to hold sorted coin, and a book bag to hold a second box of Halves in order to split the weight 50/50 between the bag and my pack. My dump bank has bathrooms, so I can wash my hands there.

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
mleblanc138 said:
I take a backpack, several Ziploc bags to hold sorted coin, and a book bag to hold a second box of Halves in order to split the weight 50/50 between the bag and my pack. My dump bank has bathrooms, so I can wash my hands there.

You walking to your bank?

Gilmore Happy

Banned
Jul 19, 2011
PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
azlegends said:
mleblanc138 said:

You walking to your bank?

Are you homeless? lol. j/k you sound like a college student....

OP
OP
K

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU GUYS! :tongue3: :headbang: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FreedomUIC said:
Soap and a good sanitizer.....

Best advice given yet. +1000000

papa1956e9

May 11, 2011
huntcoinsdotcom said:
azlegends said:
Bigheed said:

That butcher papers a good idea. I didn't even think abut it when I started and have effectively worn the lacquer and stain off the top of the $500 wood table I hunt on. Oh well ill just add it fixing the table to the to-do list, lol.

I bought a small rug like a shower mat type thing that is dark red and I sit it in the living room floor and go to work. Crud gets on the rug. My wife washes it on the weekends. When not in use it is rolled up in the closet

I just fold a beach towel in half. It covers the area I use of the table and I just throw it in the wash when I'm done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread