surcharge for coins

JoelB

Sep 20, 2010
Have not done much crh lately. Had to pick up my daughter at the airport yesterday and decided I would have some fun on the way (2/12 hour drive). I left early and figured I would hit 3 or 4 small town banks on the way there and get maybe 100 in dimes and 100 in quarters at each one. The first one I stopped at asked me if I had an account there. I told her no--- just wanted some change. She told me NO in a very un-customer-like fashion ( I know I am not a customer--and will never be one). Then the other teller piped in (she was really in a bad mood) that the bank charges for rolled coins --even to their customers. I was not prepared for any type of argument ( never helps anyway)--so I left and went on my way to the airport. Is this starting to be common practice out there or did I meet two very unhappy females yesterday by chance?

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
You met two rude tellers dawg, alot of them are like that. I'd of probably bought the rolls, probably were loaded with silver ifn they were that hostile about you wanting some rolls. Go back if you can tomorrow, and buy them all, especially if they had CRW halves. Ask for a receipt too.

And if they dont, then never go back.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You meet two miserable tellers. Move on to friendlier hunting grounds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread