Sure has been dry here on TNET for Michigan...

mjc_lakedweller

Nov 14, 2011
Kzoo County, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro,
Garrett ACE350,
Fisher CZ-20,
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where is everyone. Last weekend Michigander Dan and myself cruised out to the big lake and found little. I was able to find the every-present clad but also a pendant and a sterling silver ring. Love seeing the .925. Yesterday I came across an almost unidentifiable IH 1903. Boy, its rough lookin'. Found it in Downtown Kzoo where they were digging up sidewalk. Also found 3 wheats '42, '52, '56 and some 60s and 70s clad and costume jewelry. Nothing really photo worthy so I didn't post or even snap a picture for that matter.
Are people moving away from Tnet or is it due to the drought. I know trying to break the soil is rather difficult right now so maybe people aren't heading out as much ???
Good luck all, Heat has subsided and it is safe to go out doors and find some booty!

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you guys got out for some digging!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you guys got out, but for me, it's still WAY too hot, 92 today. I work outside lugging ladders, climbing poles, lotta grunt work, heat stroke, and when I'm done I just want to sit in the AC, can't even do that 'cause of duties on my small farm, my kids, etc...I don't own a water detector, wish I did! I normally don't get out to dirtfish till it's high 60's temps (the cooler the better, mid-40's is the best for me) and ground is a bit moist, so that leaves me spring and fall. Good luck to all that are getting out!

Last edited:

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is good to see someone is still out hunting. I have been out a few times and had a little luck but no time to post them.
I picked up a temp gauge/ hood ornament from an old car I think.
I love to hunt the water, should have been a Great Summer, but a little bad luck has taken my time away.
Monday I hope to get out for a little bit.
Happy Hunting
Kevin

K Zack

Feb 2, 2012
West Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab- Explorer XS, Excalibur 800, Sovereign XS-2 Pro, Fisher 1280X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you guys got out, but for me, it's still WAY too hot, 92 today. I work outside lugging ladders, climbing poles, lotta grunt work, heat stroke, and when I'm done I just want to sit in the AC, can't even do that 'cause of duties on my small farm, my kids, etc...I don't own a water detector, wish I did! I normally don't get out to dirtfish till it's high 60's temps (the cooler the better, mid-40's is the best for me) and ground is a bit moist, so that leaves me spring and fall. Good luck to all that are getting out!

I spent 30 years with a pair of Westcoast Boots and a pair of Bashlins strapped to my feet, CATV and MA-Bell.
I have been out of it for 3 years but not by choice. My boots and gear are still in the back seat of my truck. Lol, the Doc still says NO, Never again.
Life goes on.
Happy Hunting
Kevin

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been too dang hot. Even in the U.P of Michigan it's been in the mid to high 80's with lots of humidity. The mosquitos have been ridiculous this year as well. We haven't had quite as much of the dry spell other areas have had though;

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Been running to hard,slacking off on detecting and hunting. Went through Kzacks stompin grounds without looking him up. Rush,rush, . an old home where an historic find was uncovered had a old car dragged up front for sale and i didn,t even stop to knock on gas tank to check for silver! I like old cars anyway and it would have been an icebreaker to inquire about detecting. I need to slow down and get detecting.H.H.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been out in the water, I did do some early morning woods hunting back in the Ivy again but this time I didn't get it, I've had it twice but not bad. I have seen them sidewalks you're talking about and if they are the ones you hunt then you were hunting in an old part of town, it's right on the way to one of the spots I go water hunting frequently. You did good though. :thumbsup: I have found some junk rings, clad and a bunch of other stuff I've been putting in a jar cause it's really not worth posting.

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
same here....been too hot and too dry for sure. I work outside in it all day and it drains you. Plus we had one graduate this year and I think about a dozen grad parties and 9 weddings this summer! I still have finds I want to post from over a month ago and just havent gotten around to it. I'm ready for a couple of days of heavy down pours! Hope all is well out there with you Michiganders!

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well with the heat and lack of rain I have been hitting the water when I can, I have found a few good finds but nothing real old, wish it would rain and cool down a little but I am sure it will in about 2 months:laughing7:. I have a few spot that I have to get to real quick maybe I will find something to post . Good luck and good hunting....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread