ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Got a phone call Friday night just after 11pm. Emergency? No. The wind blew a side panel to a boat cover in the water at a marina. Told the guy I would be there Sunday afternoon.

I couldn't go Saturday afternoon because I was waiting for the mail for three boxes that arrived.

First box, most important. Dive yokes for filling my own tanks. Fire department didn't use them so I had to buy them off Fee-Bay. Got them installed last night.

Second box. New gauges for my fill station. Others were trashed. So I put 4 new ones in across the top and installed it.

Then I installed the hoses and the filler yokes on the fill station. Almost complete. The 6 storage tanks are getting hydro'ed and will be back next week.

( I know I haven't painted around the window yet. )

So today I went to the marina to find the boat part. Again it took me way longer to suit up than to find the part. I am guessing 2 minutes as the water was only 7' deep. Got a hundred for my efforts. In swimming to a ladder a guy on another boat told me of things he lost off his dock. A Makita drill, a scuba weight belt, cell phone and some water inlet covers. Got the drill and weight belt and a few pair of sunglasses and a dock brush and gave them to him. I was in the water probably a half hour and didn't get too cold. I really am thinking of diving this next week.

The last box I was waiting for yesterday was for these magnets. Since I am around marina's all the time I thought I would see what happens with them. They kind of match my business cards.

After that tried a parking strip in front of an abandoned house. Got a 10K gold filled ring and a 1957 wheat. Nothing else exciting.

Everything seems to be coming along nicely. Compressor works and is all serviced. I just hope to be diving soon. Just waiting for my air sample to come back as good to go and my storage bank although I can fill tanks without a storage bank.

A bit disappointed in this Michigan weather. I have never started diving this late in the season. Hopefully I will still have a great year.

Upvote 14

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh baby,, you're all pumped and rearing to go,,
I'm looking at a low tide that I may visit over the Memorial Day weekend. The water will be too cold for swimmers but with my wetsuit and this really low,, "Low Tide" I should be able to get to some old stuff.
Good luck to you.

Last edited:

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in Michigan now? Did The weather in Utah run ya off?

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Back in Michigan now? Did The weather in Utah run ya off?

Na. Hoping to be finding gold by now. Finding new quarters wasn't really my idea of having fun even though I found over 300.00 of them. I can find that much with one gold ring. Just came back to get my boats uncovered and ready to dive.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on all the finds.. Nothing like getting some dead presidents for your efforts.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fill stations panel came out nice. Does the station require special receiver/dryer filters for the breathing air? Neat business card.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you back Bob, I want to hire you to find some gold rings and silver I lost LOL I like hunting wooded areas but it seems just since last weekend I went to the Arboretum and all the weeds and plants have covered much of the ground. Grrrr Is it the same way in the bottom of lakes??? Dumb question probably but just curious.. Glad to see you back at it cant wit to see your summer hauls!!! Tommy

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The fill stations panel came out nice. Does the station require special receiver/dryer filters for the breathing air? Neat business card.

The station doesn't. The compressor on the porch does.

This is a picture of it before I got it serviced and all back together.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Good to see you back Bob, I want to hire you to find some gold rings and silver I lost LOL I like hunting wooded areas but it seems just since last weekend I went to the Arboretum and all the weeds and plants have covered much of the ground. Grrrr Is it the same way in the bottom of lakes??? Dumb question probably but just curious.. Glad to see you back at it cant wit to see your summer hauls!!! Tommy

Some places I hunt are very weedy and the weeds have to be bent over. Others are all nice and sandy or muck. Weeds are a lot of work to play in. Sand and muck not so much. I am really thinking of a Go-Pro camera to take some vids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions