Surf Gods Give Up Nice Gold Ring *** Update-Weight was wrong its 10.2 Grams***

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surf Gods Give Up Nice Gold Ring *** Update-Weight was wrong it's 10.2 Grams***

Clypster and I headed to the West coast today to do a little hunting. I had just entered the water, been in the water less then 5 minutes, waist deep, when I get a nice tone and up in my scoop comes what I thought was either a Silver or White Gold ring.

I thought man its going to be a good day, 5 minutes and I have a ring already, well it turned out to be the only good find of the day for both of us but it also turned out to be GOLD

DSC02168-1-1-1-1.jpg

On the inside is engraved " BENCHMARK R 14K" it is a size 9 and my scale says 7 grams. I found the exact same ring on the internet and here is the link.

Good luck and good hunting...............

http://www.titaniumkay.com/Benchmark-14K-White-Gold-C-F-Wedding-Band-P103043.html

***************************UPDATE*******************************************

I decided I would invest in a good jewelry scale, with accuracy to .01 on grams..... I was wrong on the old weight on the ring, it is 10.2 grams, over 3 grams heaver then I originally thought using my old sacle that I use to weight my parrots. ;D

Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Surf Gods Give Up Nice Gold Ring

Good one THunter. Yours looks like the 8mm widest of the bunch on the ad. Great stuff. That makes the ride home a whole lot more fun.

Jim

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice. I found one today with a small diamond womens wedding band that said the same thing. COTTON

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's the way to start a hunt ! Congrats Treasure_Hunter and Happy Father's Day. :thumbsup:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice way to start the day. Even when you never get another sound you keep remembering the first one.

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II

Wow, $646.00 I cant wait for some paydays like that!! Way to go!!! HH Joe

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice one mate. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread