26.8 KB · Views: 861
Upvote 0

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Welcome to the forum Low tide tim! You guys rock with all your gold finds. Tell Max to get on board too!

After seeing how ya'll did this summer with the loot an Nitro, I'm trying to get up that way next summer!
HH 8) surfrat

OP
OP
lowtidetim

lowtidetim

Jan 28, 2005
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Max is in Colorado but as soon as he gets back I will tell him to get on board.
HH
LTT

Attachments

• 111 VB Surf Pirates RS.jpg
    111 VB Surf Pirates RS.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 865
    26.8 KB · Views: 832

David from Suffolk

Aug 17, 2005
Suffolk Virginia
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 / Excailbur II /Quattro/ Tesoro Tejón
lowtidetim said:
The Virginia Beach Surf Pirates are roaming the surf lanes looking for loot. We invite any one who would like to participate in treasure hunting to join us. You will usually find at least one of us plundering in the sand of the Virginia Beach Surf Lane.
Low Tide Tim

I am going to hunt Friday Night low tide maybe I will see some more of you there.

Lee-MI-MI

Apr 3, 2005
Midland Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Fisher CZ-20/21
I am looking forward to meeting the gang in a couple of weeks.

I will need someone to tell me where to go - Nicely! ;D

Yee Hah!

OP
OP
lowtidetim

lowtidetim

Jan 28, 2005
Virginia Beach, Virginia
When you know the dates drop us an email and let us know. Some one will giet with you and show you the local in' and outs.
LTT

Attachments

26.8 KB · Views: 696
    26.8 KB · Views: 704

Lee-MI-MI

Apr 3, 2005
Midland Michigan
Detector(s) used
We leave Michigan Sept. 8 so should be there Saturday, Sunday at the latest. If I am lucky, we may be able to leave Wed. night after work and get a few hours travel time in. We have some kids in N. Ohio that make a good stopping point. That would put us there late Friday.

I have a Fisher CZ-20 and Whites MXT. After a few bad tries I have finally figured out how to use the CZ. Now I have to get to know it better. I have a wooden handled water scoop. I use a no handled sand scoop for the dry or wet sand. I prefer to get down close to the action as long as my knees hold up.

We have to be in OC MD the following Friday.

We can exchange phone numbers back channel and I can drop a quick confirmation note when we leave.

Terry In Florida

Mar 3, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love working with pix, here is your flag in a different light.

Better?

Attachments

• vbsp2.jpg
    vbsp2.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 416

Lee-MI-MI

Apr 3, 2005
Midland Michigan
Detector(s) used
Looks good. I half expected to see a detector clutched in the teeth. ;D

How's the weather around there?

Gasoline prices just shot up to $3.00/gal around here. What's it like in your neck of the woods ???? ???

OP
OP
lowtidetim

lowtidetim

Jan 28, 2005
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Gas is going up faster than you can imagine. The hurricane didn't help matters any. The local forcast looks good for the weekend. Hope to see you when you get here.
LTT

Lee-MI-MI

Apr 3, 2005
Midland Michigan
Detector(s) used
What are the water temps there?

I don't have any kind of water gear. I usually go in a swim suit. If it is cold I wear jeans and sweat shirt. I am asking because I went out last weekend in Lake Huron. Depending on which way the wind blew, the water was a pleasant warm or cold enough that I was shivering. I fear the VB temps will be colder.

What do you guys wear for shallow water searching? I don't see myself going much deeper than hip or waist deep. What with waves and all, that would be about all I think I could handle.

If all else fails I guess I can stick to the surf - ankle to knee deep. I think that is the zone Max usually hits. Anything special worn for that? I know that if the water is the least bit cold it can be numbing even when only in up to the calves or knees.

The guys around here use chest waders. A few use wet suits but most of the ones I have seen (not many) have the waders.

Lee-MI-MI

Apr 3, 2005
Midland Michigan
Detector(s) used
How about...

The waders I am looking at have 3.5mm neoprene foam rubber insulation from the boot up to the top. I ASSUMED that they would float. I will have to check that out. I know a guy that uses this type. I'll ask him.

The wet suit is probably the best but an advantage of the waders around here is that you can travel around from beach to beach by simply slipping them on and off. Your clothes remain dry. The various beaches are miles apart.

I seem to remember a few guys getting waders last year. There was discussion and pictures posted on the Findmall Forum. I don't think I can search it now because the forum software was upgraded some months ago.

How comfortable/uncomfortable would it be to pack up and drive to another location in a wet suit?

Lee-MI-MI

Apr 3, 2005
Midland Michigan
Detector(s) used
In a 'wet' suit, I assume whatever you have on under the suit is wet. Is that true? Do you just sit on some plastic to keep the seat dry?

Of course if you remove the suit you wouldn't get the seat wet either. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread