Surface Gold

SGTDirk

Sep 2, 2005
Columbia, SC
I would have to search for it but there is a video on youtube of some guys that crush rock to get the gold out. And I know you can find it in quartz, but that is about all I know

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can gold only be found on the surface of a rock, or can it be in the center of it and u not even know its there until u crush it and see?

Yep:icon_thumleft:
Gold can be inside and out, hidden or exposed.

GG~

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gold can be outside, inside or both. And some gold is so small you need magnification to see it. :)

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I posted a link to a hardrock mining video in your other thread for this question that you started in the hardrock mining section.

:)

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So do you break open every rock you find? or are there clues you might look for that would suggest there might be more than meets the eye?

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far, i'm responsible for about 80,000 smashed quartz rocks in calif. gold country - no luck on dry land yet. I did dredge up a nice gold-quartz specimen
which is shown early in the SLUICING thread "Show me your best finds":laughing7:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Heavy rusty quartz specimens are good candidates for crushing. Use a rock hammer/pick and magnifier to sort. And know
what native gold looks like. If it looks nice and shiny in sunlight shade the sun to see if it looks the same in shade. Fools gold
won't shine in the shade.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread